sgx - includefile for screen gagdets

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
DontTalkToMe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: sgx - includefile for screen gagdets

Post by DontTalkToMe »

I did a quick check :-)
#NULL wrote: i did not realy test the 32bit version yet.
I tested the stuff below with PB x86
#NULL wrote: maybe you could report if the mousewheel (sgxEdit, sgxScrollbar/sgxTrackbar) is working for you in a windowed screen?
works in fullscreen and windowed screen (tested sgxEdit, sgxScrollbar, sgxTrackbar)
#NULL wrote: also i never asked if the qwerty keyboardlayout is actually working (was created blind). qwerty is now the default layout, instead of qwertz.
I tried with my usa keyboard and it seems to work ok, keys are correctly mapped.
#NULL wrote: so if you from germany you might want to change the layout (see doc for sgxSetKeyboardLayout()). also i have no clue about a french keyboard layout, i would need help if some needs this. if you want to modify a layout or add one, search for 'Global Dim sgx_keyLay' after which two layouts are defined.
you may install more than one keyboard layout, and the use the onscreen windows keyboard, or switch the current keyboard layout on your physical keyboard to test different layouts, at least this is what I do when I need to test these things

On a side note, the mouse is moving smooth as silk in fullscreen, but a little jerky in windowed screen, it feels like some ill programmed mouse cursor in old dos games. The best way to describe is ... it is like there is an anvil attached to the pointer, if feels heavy and less reactive and a little jumpy sometimes. It's not nice but I don't know if it is a problem or not with MouseX/Y() and if you can do anything about it :-(
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

i posted a bugreported about the mousewheel thing some days ago but it seems to work for others so i don't have to care about that i guess.

i know what you mean with the mouse movement problem. i think in my case it happended in fullscreen and not in a windowed screen, and iirc i could reproduce it even without sgx. right now i can't repoduce it at all. sometimes the mouse responsiveness gets better with adding/changing some delay() in the main loop. does it happen only with some examples?

thanks for testing and for the tip with the onscreen keyboard.
DontTalkToMe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by DontTalkToMe »

#NULL wrote: i know what you mean with the mouse movement problem. i think in my case it happended in fullscreen and not in a windowed screen, and iirc i could reproduce it even without sgx. right now i can't repoduce it at all. sometimes the mouse responsiveness gets better with adding/changing some delay() in the main loop. does it happen only with some examples?
tried delay(0), no delay, it's the same

with all the examples I tried (5-6)

tried opengl subsystem too, the same

it happens with the ogre engine demos if windowed, too
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

update

you can now assign custom drawing callbacks to a design to control the redaw (referesh) of elements, so you are able to do all the drawing yourself if you want to.
see example '15customDraw1.pb' and '16customDraw2.pb' and the documentation of structure 'sgxS_Design' on how to do it. the demo also makes use of this.
jun 21, 2016
- added custon drawing callbacks (and examples) to override steps during element redraw
- design "lowbudget": cursor changed
- design "lowbudget": appearance can be influenced with sgx_lowbudgetDistortion and sgx_lowbudgetDistortColors
- added: default appearance of disabled elements can be influenced by sgx_disabledColor1, sgx_disabledColor2