A game like this

Advanced game related topics
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Re: A game like this

Post by Caronte3D »

Few games, even I don't know about the links to games posted by Fred here 🤷‍♂️
Now, having read al your posts, All I must say is Go for it with PB, because you are almost done.
I don't play games lately, but I will bought your only to support you and PB game creation :wink:
Kamarro
User
User

Post by Kamarro »

Caronte3D wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 pm Few games, even I don't know about the links to games posted by Fred here 🤷‍♂️
Now, having read al your posts, All I must say is Go for it with PB, because you are almost done.
I don't play games lately, but I will bought your only to support you and PB game creation :wink:
Thank you Caronte, for your support.
But I wasn't looking for help or support with this post. I was just looking for other games, something better than the one I already knew, very simple and very low quality.
Thanks to these posts, I took contact with two games that I never knew they existed. Also, met some little games with a bit of quality. When I think of Great games it's a shame that nobody had used this language to create strategy games, because, besides being a non object oriented language, is very good to work with maps, ISAM graphic maps, and fast enough to create network games. My next project will be something like that, a multi-user game running locally on everyone's Home PC, using a Web Server as a bridge between them. Future things! Will be done when time arrives. For now, I have to work on this one and collect ideas for the next one. When, has never been a question to me.

Hope you'll buy my game. Not for the money, but as a sign that everything finished well.
Cheers
Last edited by Kamarro on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi Kamarro,

I had to dig for this one, but I remembered how impressed I was with the developer and the quality of his game.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=71095

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5aqD3H_aFw

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7795 ... enger_SV4/
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

It seems you want to reconfirm to yourself you did go the right path. It's OK as long as you are having fun and learning a bit.

But for 2D games I would use Game Maker, simply because it is an all in one package and the recent syntax changes make a real difference in that it now works like a "real programming language".

For 3D... I guess Unity. Anyway, should look for examples/showcases before deciding.

The problem for most of us is the artwork etc ;)

Btw the experiences while making Scavenger SV-4 should be valuable input for Fred.
Kamarro
User
User

Post by Kamarro »

Rinzwind wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 am It seems you want to reconfirm to yourself you did go the right path. It's OK as long as you are having fun and learning a bit.
Sometimes, when reading the answers that people give to others, I also tend to be rude. I WANT TO BE RUDE! But I can't because I'm a well educated person. Do you think that you're talking with a kid? Do you want me to spit all my CV here? Well, I won't!
But you should learn how to use a forum, because the VERY FIRST thing that you must read is the first post, and every post from the author of the topic, if you don't want to read everything.

But the purpose of the forums is to be useful, and not unpleasant. If you need to ask something, you ask. If you know the answer, you answer. Am I wrong? Why are you being rude? Learning a bit? Reconfirm myself? Of what? About a game that is finished and sold?

Maybe you think that I need to reconfirm myself, because you need to read better. You're one more of those guys that make me cryout loud that MY GAME IS DONE. I'm just finishing things for comercial purposes, because every Game needs manuals, photos, videos, posters, marketing things that are not ready yet, because I work alone. But the game is finished and completely working and tested and F... : I am not asking for any advice about my game. I'm asking if anyone did a game like mine, or just small games.
Rinzwind wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 am But for 2D games I would use Game Maker, simply because it is an all in one package and the recent syntax changes make a real difference in that it now works like a "real programming language".
If you would use Game Maker, it says everything. You are giving a bad advice. You don't know my game. How could you think that I could make it with Game Maker, even AFTER I say that I tried, but GM is more like a BIG toy to make small games. Even GM says: "Make a game in 15min and sell it on GX.COM, the paradise of Baby Games. Do you think I did a Candy Crush, or a Shoot n' Run game? A Tower Defense?
The main advantage of Game Maker, after trying it (I also said this before in another reply), it that it has Sprite Editor, Level Editor, etc, etc.... But I use 3D Studio, Photoshop, DAZ Studio and Poser, DaVinci, InDesign and Illustrator. Why should I use something made to create small games to make a 23GByte game?

There is a market on IOS and Android, for little games, and remember that Tetris in the early 80's was a Great game with just a few Bytes of size. Is a Big Small Game, like Sudoku, Chess, and many others, but I'd like to see someone make a GW Warhammer 40K, or a Wasteland game with Game Maker. You advice was more like: "You should start by making games with something that helps you to!", but I am not starting, I am finishing and NEVER asked what should I use.

I'm really pissed off with people that don't read the question and just answer to show that they know more than others.
Rinzwind wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 am For 3D... I guess Unity. Anyway, should look for examples/showcases before deciding.
Nothing is to be decided. And you guess WRONG. If you make a Big game with Unity you'll have to pay a LOT to them. If you use Unreal 4 or 5, that is much, much more powerful, you'll have to pay them much less. And if you use CryEngine you have to pay NOTHING and is much easier to use...

It always depends of what you're doing, what for, and how you can do it.
Rinzwind wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 am The problem for most of us is the artwork etc ;)
Yes, for most of you. But, related to my original question, is that why nobody did Games Like This? Do you know that there are Envato, Pexels, FreePik out there? That there are a lot of Free and Paid sites for Icons, Animated Gifs, Photos, Sounds, Musics and also AI sites to create characters, landscapes, etc, etc?

Didn't you read me saying that I am an Artist Designer? I am a well experienced Illustrator, 3D CG Artist, a painter and a well known writter.
I don't need to reconfirm myself for nothing!
Try to read better, to avoid being rude with people that you don't know!
Rinzwind wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 am Btw the experiences while making Scavenger SV-4 should be valuable input for Fred.
This is the only thing that you did well on this post. Give credit to the one who deserved it!
I thought that Scavenger SV-4 was made by Khallis, another user, but okay, I believe this forum allows more "same users". That's okay with me. Well congrats for the good work. Doesn't my style of game, 3D graphics could be better but I love the UI integration on screens, and for what I know of PB this was an hard task, because of the 3D thing. But yes, you did a good job. The idea is a bit like Citizen, but with even more time and work, could be explored to be greater. I'd like to see a Scavenger-2, even better!

MODERATOR???!!! Can you please CLOSE THIS TOPIC, since the question has already been answered before?
Kamarro
User
User

Post by Kamarro »

JHPJHP wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:14 am Hi Kamarro,

I had to dig for this one, but I remembered how impressed I was with the developer and the quality of his game.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=71095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5aqD3H_aFw
https://store.steampowered.com/app/7795 ... enger_SV4/
Hi JHPJHP, thanks for your answer. It's not a "A game like this", but is a wonderful work, if we consider that the OGRE engine is not the best. It has a wonderful conception of integration on UI and I like that. It's something where I lose a lot of time when I do something, because I hate to see users and players looking at the screen, completely lost, floating on a mess of things and with no clue about what to click next.
Graphics could be better, but I'm not sure if PB would allow the use of high 3D depth levels as I can use in 2D, working in full screen, with 32/64bit depth, 300dpi, transparent JPEGs, etc. That's why I choosed 2D, instead of 3D, losing the chance to work with real perspective and global turns, insteaad of using paralax, and 3D simulation by the use of 30 degrees shoot&shot motion.
Resolution for me was a problem, because I needed a very high level of detail. I'm working with miniatures, created in Autodesk Maya and Daz Studio, in 4K, but after reduced to 64x128 pixels on screen for 1050 on Mac or 1080 on Windows.

Nobody will die if I show you one NPC within more than 8 thousands different ones! Made by Photoshop template masks, and my AI algorithm:
Image don't show outside the site, so you have to use the link.

https://prnt.sc/Emr5h69zzF5U

Large white space, is just there because it's a self-generated transparent gif with character in position inside frame. This will be the unique image ever published before official presentation.

If I used lower resolutions, my nice characters would look like "minecraft things". And yes, my game runs on Windows and Mac. Also had to deal with the 72dpi or 150dpi for all images, because Windows wins here with the 150 against Mac resolution.

Thank you very much for letting me know this game. I didn't knew it before. Is not the kind of game I was looking for, but is a very good example of what can be done with PureBasic. Work, a lot of work. A good story, a complex interaction, and good games can be done.

You somehow, answered my question, as Fred already have done before. Thank You!
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

You need manners and a relax course with rain sounds. Especially if you write "i will be killed and squashed writing this question" for whatever reason you said that and than still have long toes 8).
Ps.I did not make that game; I just mentioned that it would be valuable for PBs owner to listen to and use the devs feedback.

Ps2 care to share some screenshots or even demo video of your work in progress?
Last edited by Rinzwind on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

ʞɔɐq sı ʇoq-lloɹʇ ɹno sɯǝǝs ʇı
dcr3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dcr3 »

HeX0R wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:59 pm ʞɔɐq sı ʇoq-lloɹʇ ɹno sɯǝǝs ʇı

Always a keen observer. :mrgreen:
Kamarro
User
User

Post by Kamarro »

Rinzwind wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:58 pm You need manners and a relax course with rain sounds.
You want to mess with me.
Ps.I did not make that game; I just mentioned that it would be valuable for PBs owner to listen to and use the devs feedback.
Well, it looks like you were pretending it. When you say it like that "Btw the experiences while making Scavenger SV-4..."
Ps2 care to share some screenshots or even demo video of your work in progress?
You can't really read, do you? There is no Work In Progress! Game is Ready! Commercial package, No! And I said that the little image I gave before would be the only bit of the game shown, before the Public Presentation day! You really know nothing about game world and how it works. Game is already SOLD, so, I can't show anything without Company's agreement. The material for Public presentation is being made and will be ready in a couple of months. Until then, everybody will have to wait for news. There will be no Early Versions, or Beta Versions of the game. It has been secretly and intensively fully tested for more than one year.

I will not answer anymore posts from, you!
Last edited by Kamarro on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamarro
User
User

Post by Kamarro »

HeX0R wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:59 pm ʞɔɐq sı ʇoq-lloɹʇ ɹno sɯǝǝs ʇı
This is what? A joke? Funny brats?

Is this allowed by moderation? Is there any moderation here? Is this a playroom or the Support Forums for a Professional Programming Language?

Please, grow up!
Samuel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Samuel »

Kamarro wrote: Sometimes, when reading the answers that people give to others, I also tend to be rude. I WANT TO BE RUDE! But I can't because I'm a well educated person.
Kamarro wrote: I am a well experienced Illustrator, 3D CG Artist, a painter and a well known writter.
You being on such a high horse, I'm a bit surprised you're even willing to talk to us. :?
Anyways, best of luck with your game release. It sounds......."amazing".
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

This is part of a post I Made on March, 18, 2014.

"My all-time fave PB made game has to be Izzy the Busy Squirrel. It used the native engine and it was a blast to play. Very addictive."

I lost that game when I moved a few years back and I miss it very much. Would rebuy it if I could remember the site that was selling it (if it still exists).

IIRC, this game was made with PureB.

https://www.lostlabyrinth.com

Not the quality you are wanting, but for me as an old fart it is the style and types of games I enjoy. I rarely play games anymore. Post traumatic brain injury, games with graphics moving too fast really mess with my head. Not dizzy, but almost like a mental fog that can last two weeks.
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

Izzy has apparently been rewritten in AGK. Still fond memories of the PB version.
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️
Kamarro
User
User

Post by Kamarro »

Samuel wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:23 am
Kamarro wrote: Sometimes, when reading the answers that people give to others, I also tend to be rude. I WANT TO BE RUDE! But I can't because I'm a well educated person.
Kamarro wrote: I am a well experienced Illustrator, 3D CG Artist, a painter and a well known writer.
You being on such a high horse, I'm a bit surprised you're even willing to talk to us. :?
Anyways, best of luck with your game release. It sounds......."amazing".
Why shouldn't talk with everybody? I'm here since 2015, when I decided to use PureBasic and got the most useful answers from those who helped me with my questions.
About the high horse, you can't really imagine how big, and the works I have in my portfolio, but that doesn't make me a different person. I have doubts about this language, I have doubts about many subjects in life. And this forums were not like this, years ago.
I've been watching and reading them for a long time, years now, and things got worse day after day. Some pragmatic dinosaur users, didn't evolved and can't see people having success in any area. They always say: "You can't do such thing." and after a couple of posts, they say "John did it before, Peter did something like that, One of our users is the BigCompany manager", but you can't, you're just a Troll-Bot!
Also, I've seen too many kids, showing, showing, showing, when in fact, they know nothing about analysis or programming, they just refer other's posts and copy past information from technical docs. Others, follow blindly the advice that their "idols" gave to someone in a similar condition.
It's a shame that the moderation allows that the technical Support Forums for a product became "The house of some", where you can't be seen as another customer, another user, another programmer.

The reason why I started saying that people would kill me and smash me about this question, was at first, because I was saying (in fact asking) if there was no serious Game Programmers, and everybody was making Baby Games? I expected to see a much better reaction, people replying "I did this", "I did that", "I didn't because", but instead, I got tons of answers about what I was doing, that I couldn't do it like this or like that, etc.
About my game, yes, Thank you very much for your wishes, because they're mine too. Is not my first game, and not my first success in life. And I am no hero or Einstein kind; I'm just an old guy that worked a lot to get what I have today. If one can work, one can be better, specially if he doesn't work only to receive his salary, and although prefer to work for professionalism.

It's hard to get into the games market. Everybody thinks that all you have to do is to use KickStarter, Patreon, YouTube, or make a starter game and put it on itch.io and sell it for 5 bucks. After going into STEAM, or COG, but things don't work like that. Well, they work if you don't expect to sell millions, but if you want to have a good return, you must work longer, not larger, longer, because you need to get into a big company and sell your game. You don't need to be the owner of the game and receive it all, what fast becomes nothing. You need to sell your game to the big guys that have the structure to sell it and make money. They will be rich, because they sell millions of any shit game. There are billions of buyers all over the world and the market is a strange tissue.
I know that I'll got no more money, no more than I already received with the sale, yes, and even if there are new editions, I got nothing else, but I'm still the Designer and Creator, and that, will help me in future negotiations.

Things like this, could be talked here, if some envy, or rock guys didn't look at you as a pretender, a liar, as someone that pretends to know more than others, etc. That's not the truth. I'm a guy like others, with no more luck or skills. I just work a lot.
Like me, I've seen in the last years, good guys coming and go, jumping from PureBasic to another systems, because of those attitudes here. There are good, very good programmers here, most of them doing nothing with PB, they're not software producers, but they know the language, the code. They can really help you, and did helped me sometimes.

I really hope that in the future, people use this forums professionally, technically, and not just to have fun killing users. Every programmer is a programmer, every customer is a customer, even if they don't know what they're doing. Our mission is to learn, and teach, and learn with that!

Thanks for your message!