spam

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Re: spam

Post by idle »

I got told off by the wife the other day for playing with myself while we were sitting at the table having coffee with a couple of friends, She kicked me and asked me what the hell are you doing? I replied, I'm following the doctors advise, he said I could have a play anytime I want. The wife replied "No dear, the Doctor said you could have a stroke at any time!
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

Oh no you di-ent!
BERESHEIT
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

no it's true, I could have a stroke at anytime!
TassyJim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TassyJim »

idle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20 pm no it's true, I could have a stroke at anytime!
And that is something I recommend you avoid at all costs.
It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. But it did stop my Parkinson's tremor for a few weeks, and that WAS nice...
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

TassyJim wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:40 pm
idle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20 pm no it's true, I could have a stroke at anytime!
And that is something I recommend you avoid at all costs.
It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. But it did stop my Parkinson's tremor for a few weeks, and that WAS nice...
I wouldn't wish either upon anyone though I am at an increased risk of stroke
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

I had a stroke last summer. Just sitting down my left eye went black and as I was passing out I rested my head on my left hand, it felt like someone else's hand. I talked wike a wee todd for about 3 days and my left hand didn't work at all for a day and a half or so, then it gradually came back over about a week, ten days. My face was crooked for two weeks and my drooping lip was the longest coming back at about 3 weeks. Doctor sent me for a CT scan of my head which didn't turn up much to worry about, and put me on baby aspirin three times a day. So far no problems. So no, a stroke isn't funny at all, I'm lucky mine was mild.
BERESHEIT
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Well I'm glad you're still with us, Aspirin is great at preventing them.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

Sometimes people are lucky thank goodness. A mate of mine had 3 micro strokes confirmed by MRI and he said all he felt was hot.

Didn't seem to have any repercussions as a result. Has been smoking all his life and is strong and healthy.
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Fangbeast wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:48 am Sometimes people are lucky thank goodness. A mate of mine had 3 micro strokes confirmed by MRI and he said all he felt was hot.

Didn't seem to have any repercussions as a result. Has been smoking all his life and is strong and healthy.
This is the prototype of an upcoming sad story like "My mate just had a severe stroke/died from a stroke.". Strokes increase in strength or severity under this condition. Sorry for the bad news :(

But this problem does not go away magically, it does get worse if the parameters don't change.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

we only have to remember Rook Zimbabwe (Ralph) to know what a series of strokes can do, he was taken from us at the age of 42 after suffering multiple strokes over a period of a week. I still miss him, if you ever needed a laugh, Ralph was always willing and able to deliver.
Seymour Clufley
Addict
Addict

Post by Seymour Clufley »

Yes, I remember him. It was a shock to read that he had passed away. He was a real regular on the forum.
JACK WEBB: "Coding in C is like sculpting a statue using only sandpaper. You can do it, but the result wouldn't be any better. So why bother? Just use the right tools and get the job done."
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

I miss Ralph, too. He had also just bought a big beautiful house from the money he made from his PureBasic app. Very sad.

Sorry to hear about your experience, netmaestro. Hope your health stays where it is now. The people here are like a family to me.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Whoa! Strokes are no joke. Our life programs all have a few bugs in them. I just wish we knew the coder a little better. :)
Stay well netmaestro!

I have the nagging pains of a well worn body.
Constant knee pain and pee breaks interrupting my most awesome dreams :evil:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

I had minor strokes and totally ignored them. That was the worst decision of my life.

Then the major strokes came for a visit. As a result, i did spend quite some time learning to speak and walk again. I had a lot luck that i survived my ignorance. And i didnt even smoke ;)

Ignoring minor strokes is a terrible (and usually fatal) idea :(
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

I would suggest to leave the spam posts in the forum next time, since the powers that be don't see the problem until you let them experience it. Worse is, that a basic phpBB setting can prevent a lot of this stuff.