[Probably done] PB 6.00 Alpha 1 & Beta 2 - Tool for Replace FileViewer replaces all files, IDE crash in Beta 2

Post bugs related to the IDE here
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: PB 6.00 Alpha 1 & Beta 2 - Tool for Replace FileViewer replaces all files, IDE crash in Beta 2

Post by HeX0R »

That line 230 should be fixed, I don't know where your lines are coming from, but I can see in line 230 of AddTools.pb:

Code: Select all

If *Target\CustomCompiler
And *Target is not set for tools triggered, when the IDE starts or ends, so simply add a check if *Target is valid.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Re: PB 6.00 Alpha 1 & Beta 2 - Tool for Replace FileViewer replaces all files, IDE crash in Beta 2

Post by ChrisR »

In fantaisie-software/purebasic, line 230 in AddTools.pb is indeed

The others are from kenmo-pb/purebasic fork
STARGÅTE
Addict
Addict

Post by STARGÅTE »

ChrisR wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:07 pm In fantaisie-software/purebasic, line 230 in AddTools.pb is indeed

The others are from kenmo-pb/purebasic fork
HeX0R wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 am That line 230 should be fixed, I don't know where your lines are coming from, but I can see in line 230 of AddTools.pb:

And *Target is not set for tools triggered, when the IDE starts or ends, so simply add a check if *Target is valid.
I'm confused too. People probably post their own IDE code here, and other people change the IDE code and adding bugs. :evil:

The IDE not only crashes during start/end, just when dropping a file into the IDE, the IDE crashes as well. (Trigger is Replace FileViewer)

And related to the original topic here, since PB 6.00 the Replace FileViewer works wrong.
You mentioned, it was your bad, so can you fix it please?
PB 6.01 ― Win 10, 21H2 ― Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB ― NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 ― Vivaldi 6.0 ― www.unionbytes.de
Lizard - Script language for symbolic calculations and moreTypeface - Sprite-based font include/module
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

In fact I got lost in the confusing tool handling of the IDE, therefore I never was able to fix that correctly (to allow both scenarios, yours and mine).
For a quick fix, you might simply comment out lines 1664...1682 in the SourceManagement.pb.
But the correct way would be to add some more triggers, like freak suggested.
STARGÅTE
Addict
Addict

Post by STARGÅTE »

HeX0R wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:16 pm In fact I got lost in the confusing tool handling of the IDE, therefore I never was able to fix that correctly (to allow both scenarios, yours and mine).
For a quick fix, you might simply comment out lines 1664...1682 in the SourceManagement.pb.
But the correct way would be to add some more triggers, like freak suggested.
With all due respect, but why should I fix this issue now, what you added for all other members, because it is used in PB 6.00?
I don't think that the user should now have to compile its own IDE.
If someone adds a feature, it should match for all users, especially when this code version is used in the regular PB version.
PB 6.01 ― Win 10, 21H2 ― Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB ― NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 ― Vivaldi 6.0 ― www.unionbytes.de
Lizard - Script language for symbolic calculations and moreTypeface - Sprite-based font include/module
Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Sicro »

Sorry, the IDE startup crash is my fault. :( :oops:

You can see who was responsible for which changes in the Blame view:
https://github.com/fantaisie-software/p ... ls.pb#L230

I just created a pull request that should fix the bug:
https://github.com/fantaisie-software/p ... c/pull/194
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version