Buttons in Profiler inaccessible to screen readers.

You need some new stunning features ? Tell us here.
Ty1003
User
User

Buttons in Profiler inaccessible to screen readers.

Post by Ty1003 »

Hello.
Today I was trying to use the PureBasic Profiler but a lot of the buttons are not read by my ScreenReader (NVDA). I have also tried with JAWS and the same result. I believe this is due to either no text inside the buttons of the buttons actually being ButtonImageGadgets.
I would be very greatful if this could, at the very least, be looked into. Thanks :-)
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Buttons in Profiler inaccessible to screen readers.

Post by mk-soft »

PureBasic Profiler?

You mean FormDesigner?
Its normal because all gadgets inside FormDesigner are images (no text)
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

Ty1003 wrote:Hello.
Today I was trying to use the PureBasic Profiler but a lot of the buttons are not read by my ScreenReader (NVDA). I have also tried with JAWS and the same result. I believe this is due to either no text inside the buttons of the buttons actually being ButtonImageGadgets.
I would be very greatful if this could, at the very least, be looked into. Thanks :-)
You are not reporting a bug.
It seems to me that you are looking for this sub-forum: Feature Requests and Wishlists.
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

It IS a bug if other buttons do work, especially for people who really need it (its similar to a button missing its caption for people with usable eyes or text using the same color as the button... one would see that as bug right?). Normal buttons do work out of the box, so its a genuine bug fix request, probably combined with a feature request asking to pay a little attention to usability for people with vision problems. Although I know its a small team, raising awareness is good.

It takes more energy and motivation to program in such situation because of all road blocks. Impressed. Its like magic 8)

Its not only about eye problems too btw. Keyboard navigation should also work intuitively for people with movement issues for example. Easy to overlook when one doesn’t experience those issues one-selves, so good it gets some attention. Many times also easy to make it a bit more usable for those.