IceDesign GUI designer

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Re: IceDesign GUI designer

Post by ChrisR »

Hi VB6_to_PBx,
I'm not sure what you mean by selecting or deselecting a gadget's "parent".
Is it about changing its parent container: SetParent_()
VB6_to_PBx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VB6_to_PBx »

in PureBasic's included Form Designer , you can change the Parent of a Gadget,
like from a Window to a ContainerGadget or vice/versa , or to a CanvasGadget,
it would be great if in your IceDesigner that you had an Option choice for a Parent choice like PureBasic's included Form Designer

PureBasic .... making tiny electrons do what you want !

"With every mistake we must surely be learning" - George Harrison
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Ah it's a pity that there is no SplitterGadget() :(

there is also a lot of latency when you change gadget or window to gadget, how is this done, could you please improve?

Do you plan to populate the gadgets in the future?
e.g. comboboxgadget, lists, treegadget, etc.
I am French, I do not speak English.
My apologies for the mistakes.

I have sometimes problems of expression
I am sometimes quite clumsy, please excuse me and let me know.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

VB6_to_PBx wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:57 am it would be great if in your IceDesigner that you had an Option choice for a Parent choice like PureBasic's included Form Designer
I noted for the change of parent of a gagdet. For the moment it can be done with cut and paste in the new container.
ShadowStorm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:55 am Ah it's a pity that there is no SplitterGadget() :(
The splitter is a special case, I know it's missing but I'm not sure how I can add it without too much change.
ShadowStorm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:55 am Do you plan to populate the gadgets in the future?
e.g. comboboxgadget, lists, treegadget, etc.
No, as for the Menu, Toolbar or Statusbar, I don't plan to go further.
A basic example, as in PB help, is generated.
It should be enough and as simple to modify it directly in the source.

The end of the year will be busy, with not much free time, see you in January
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.5.7

Fixes a bug to select gadgets in the main level from another level, when the menu or the toolbar are included
See you in January
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Thanks and happy holidays to you :)

ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Hi, I got a scan from my anti-virus software that reports IceDesign.zip as Malware.Heuristic.1008

Why does it do that?
I know that there is no risk with the software but I would like to know why it says that?

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detection ... heuristic/

BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Malware bytes wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:06 amMalwarebytes detects unknown threats as Malware.Heuristic by using sandboxing and other emulation techniques without any specific detection rules to protect users from malware that has not yet been researched and classified. This helps protect our customers against 0-day malware.
This means it's not an actual virus or malware, but just a false positive. In other words, they positively and publicly decided his software is a threat without any proof. There's nothing ChrisR can do about such (IMO, fraudulent) practices, except maybe sue Malwarebytes for libel if he had the money.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Of course, I agree with BarryG, nothing I can do, unfortunately :(
Anti-virus companies are doing a poor job for most of them. They simply don't have the resources to do it well and it's a lucrative business $$$ :shock:
And we, all the small developers, without digital signature, we endure their failure for years.It is not normal :evil: :evil:
We must fight them by saying, by writing everywhere that they are bad, not reliable... to force them to improve

Here is what I have to write for my Win10XPE project, to avoid saying it again and again:
Note AV: By its nature, Win10XPE uses programs or applications which uses functions at the core of windows.
Some AntiVirus mark them as positive. These are false alarms.
An example with NirSoft's ProduKey to Recover lost Windows product key, 12 engines detected this file as Unsafe or Hacktool, that's not true.
You can read this blog written by the same author as ProduKey: Antivirus companies cause a big headache to small developers.
Blog written in 2009, by a well-known developer, the situation did not get any better.
It shouldn't be like that and it's really frustrating. The work of AV companies should be better.
They should be reprimanded for this, we are their customers.
I can only advise you to put an exclusion on the Win10XPE folder.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

I have the same problem with Avira. file, I had only adapted and recompiled a network service. After that I had to send the service to Avira and tell them that it was a false alarm. With the next update from Avira, the false alarm was resolved.

It is also important not to check the programmes from PB via websites. The more virus scanners define this as a virus, the more virus scanners take over this false alarm.

So always send the false alarm and the file directly to the virus scanner manufacturer, with the information that this is a false alarm.

I also tell them which compiler and version I use. Maybe it will be better if all of them send false alarms.
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

mk-soft wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:35 pm So always send the false alarm and the file directly to the virus scanner manufacturer, with the information that this is a false alarm.
Yes, before publishing a program, I often take a tour on VirusTotal.
And, in case of false alarms with a well known AV, I try, when I find the submission address, to send the program for malware analysis.
In general, the problem is fixed within 4,6,8 hours but sometimes it has to be redone when the program is updated (No artificial intelligence and they don't learn from their mistakes).

Unfortunately, I had to do it several times lately with Windows Defender https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission
View your submission (link)

The file submitted for malware analysis has been added to the queue. Depending on the prevalence of the file and its potential impact, we will prioritize its analysis appropriately.

Keep this email for future reference. Visit the Microsoft Security Intelligence portal to check the status of your submission.

Thank you,

Microsoft Defender ATP team
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Ok, thx :)

ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.5.8
  • Fixes a selection bug after changing window constants.
  • The FrameGadgets can be created via the selection rectangle above the other Gadgets, now.
    Lasso selection is disabled for this, if the FrameGadget is selected in the "Create controls" list.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

Anti-virus companies are doing a poor job for most of them. They simply don't have the resources to do it well and it's a lucrative business $$$ :shock:
And we, all the small developers, without digital signature, we endure their failure for years.It is not normal :evil: :evil:
We must fight them by saying, by writing everywhere that they are bad, not reliable... to force them to improve
I have to agree with you. My applications that I have been developing for years are all coming up with so called malware reports now even though thousands of lines of source have never changed.

I now create temporary exe in the source directory for every program and in some cases even have to whitelist my own stuff from windows defender and malwarebytes.

We live in a suspicious, nasty world.
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.5.9

Rewriting of selections related to the Offsets, title bar, menu or toolbar has been simplified.
It might be a little bit faster when selecting a gadget on another level.