IceDesign is a new Modern GUI Designer to create PureBasic Interface.
It is only available for Windows with the real gadgets captured and drawn, allowing smooth and flicker-free movements.
The containers are operational. It is possible to edit a container and also to edit a container within another container, up to 9 levels. The tabs of the panels or the scrollbars of the ScrollArea are active and available.
- DPI Aware. Except the form designer element which stays at 100% and which generates the same exact code for the controls positions/sizes.
- IceDesign is available in English and French and ready to receive other languages in future
- Choose IceDesign Background Color
- Multi-Language support to help create multi-language apps at the design stage
- Toolbar with icons and texts or only icons with their tooltips.
- Create Gadget With the selection rectangle (Lasso), double clic or Drag'n Drop from the Gadgets list
- Select a Gadget with Left Click or Lasso
- Multiple Selection by lasso or with Ctrl+Left Click
- Grouped movement and resizing
- Update properties with multiple selections or group
- Cut, Copy, Paste and Clone. Can be done between different levels
- Group, UnGroup Gadget
- Align to Left, Center, Right, Top, Middle, Bottom.
- Resize with Same Width, Height, Same Size
- Equal Space Horizontal, Vertical
- Left Doucle Click or use the toolbar button to Open a Container (CanvasContainer, Container, Panel and ScrollArea). Up to 9 levels
- Select directly a Child Gadget from a Container with Left Triple Click
- Right Doucle Click or use the toolbar button to Close a Container and go back to the previous level
- Grid, Grid size and Snap to Grid
- Contextual menu according to the available options for the current item
- Add a menu, toolbar or status bar is done via the context menu from the main level
- Add a new tab or deleting the current tab is done via the context menu from the panel
- Change the tab of a Panel to see its content without the need to open the Panel
- Up, Down, Left and Right arrows to Move a Gadget
- Shift + Up, Down, Left and Right to Resize a Gadget
- Del Key to Delete the Selected Gadget or Container
- Use Full or Short Names for Controls
- Auto rename the Controls Name when the caption is changed
- Anchor controls with left, right, top and(or) bottom lock when resizing the window
- Proportional resizing option for controls when resizing the window
- BindGadgetEvent property to write event procedures in the created code
- Support for some Windows Controls Styles
- Full Color Requester with saving custom colors in IceDesign.ini
- Display an image in background and adjust its transparency
- Save, Save As or Open IceDesign Form GUI
- Import IceDesign Form GUI to load templates into the current design
- The created code is generated and displayed in real time. Note that the code is not generated when the splitter is at the bottom.
- Preview from the generated and compiled source. Use the Esc key or click on the main window to close the preview.
- Create the code with multiple options: Copy to Clipboard, Save and open in a new Tab, Save the code As
- For the code creation, choose between using constants or variables with Prefix and suffix for the variables name.
- Add the Window name to Variables or Constants name
- LoadImage or CatchImage.
- Hexa or RGB for the colors.
- Define the indentation between a number of spaces or Tab.
- Include or not Gadget item examples.
- Include the event loop or the minimum required to run it.
- The title block can be customized in IceDesign.ini file.
- Run IceDesign with DPI_Unaware parameter to create a new exe: IceDesign_DPI_Unaware.exe. It will use the automatic resizing of windows based on your scale factor setting, if you prefered.
- Load IcedDesign with a GUI form passed as a parameter (ex: IceDesign Template.icef)
Note: All current PureBasic gadgets including containers (Container, Panel, Scrollarea, Canvas container) are supported except the SplitterGadget for now
kpeters58 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:05 am I'll say it with Aretha Franklin: R E S P E C T!
Nice looks, slick, quick, and very intuitive. Just re-built the most complex screen from my best-selling application and it worked fine - no crashes or problems. The code generation needs a few more tweaks, but that was my only real issue. ..
JHPJHP wrote:Your Visual Designer is a great addition to the PureBasic community; the common sense layout and functionality is spot-on.
NB*: Don't take the current lack of comments to mean the community isn't grateful for the work you've done.
JHPJHP wrote:I've been following your progress, really great work; with each new update SweetyVD keeps getting better.
Keep up the great work
FlatEarth wrote:Wow bravo, that's great, I'm waiting to test it ...
FlatEarth wrote:Your work is amazing! If I were you, I would have started pb best designer project right now
Hope your project succeeds
srod wrote:ChrisR, this looks a fantastic project - great looking designer.
srod wrote:Very impressive.
Does that allow you to edit a container within another container say?
Thank you guys, it's appreciated
Buy and get IceDesign GUI Designer
LifeTime User-Based Licence.
Please note that country's tax are not included and the currency exchange rates is not displayed but they are indicated afterwards, at the checkout time.
If you need, read sales Tax on Gumroad
Already purchased, thanks to download a new updated version, use the download link included in the receipt email then enter your email address to access to the download link.
The demo version is limited to 16 gadgets, which should be enough to test and see possibilities and also to build basic interfaces without any further limitation
if anyone wants to donate more (I have been asked), it is always possible to do so on my Paypal Donation page.
The LifeTime User-Based Licence is provided in IceDesign via Setting then the License button.
EnjoyIceDesign - Terms And Conditions
This program is provided "As IS" without any warranty. The use of IceDesign is at your own Risk.
ChrisR, author of IceDesign is Not responsible for any damage(s) attributed to IceDesign.
The Demo version of this program may be freely distributed.
You may Not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify or change, the contents of the program.
IceDesign has an user-based licence. This means you can install it on every computer you need.
But you Can't share it between two or more people.