PureBasic OpenSource Projects

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Re: PureBasic OpenSource Projects

Post by Kwai chang caine »

:lol: :lol:
captain_skank wrote:Bloody hell KWAI - nearly spat me tea out all over the monitors
Excuse me, for the thea for tea, it's not often that the screens are waterproof :lol:

@all
Thanks a lot my friends for your funny and kinds MASTERS words 8)
The hardest part was getting into kate's dress and not throwing up on it, during the whole crossing :oops:
Josh wrote:I don't even want to know what Leonardo DiCaprio does with KCC during these kinds of movements
I don't know why he needed such a big lighter, mainly on a boat :shock:
I must say that on the titanic, there were only candlesticks to light :mrgreen:
#Null wrote:I guess he has a plugin in development.
Even if it's di caprio, the "trip" of KCC si not with actors, even if he have a "pluggin"....KCC love programmers and their pluggins :mrgreen:
ImageThe happiness is a road...
Not a destination
FlatEarth

Post by FlatEarth »

has anyone started a project with this open source or make a useful and practical change in IDE?
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Sure just look at the list of the pull requests
kenmo
Addict
Addict

Post by kenmo »

Hi Fred, about the IDE project,

I know the GitHub repo is new and you've been busy on compiler bugfixes (thanks!) but who is in charge of reviewing and closing Pull Requests? Is the plan to review many at once (similar to how you mark many bugs Fixed at once)?

I've had one feature accepted (add Escape hotkey to Build All window) but other PR's from me and others have been sitting idle, some over 1 month. Even simple changes.

My personal goal is to convert my tiny IDE tools into native features -- not big drastic changes.
I have ~3 features ready to submit, and a todo list of 10+ more I would love to work on (and I won't be offended if they're rejected or edited!) but the lack of GitHub activity in January concerns me...
FlatEarth

Post by FlatEarth »

I think if anyone can improve the visual designer he should work on it.
I had worked with pb before and felt that although the visual designer was great, he had some drawbacks.
Now that I've joined the forum, I see a lot of posts that users need to more powerful visual designer.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

kenmo wrote:Hi Fred, about the IDE project,

I know the GitHub repo is new and you've been busy on compiler bugfixes (thanks!) but who is in charge of reviewing and closing Pull Requests? Is the plan to review many at once (similar to how you mark many bugs Fixed at once)?

I've had one feature accepted (add Escape hotkey to Build All window) but other PR's from me and others have been sitting idle, some over 1 month. Even simple changes.

My personal goal is to convert my tiny IDE tools into native features -- not big drastic changes.
I have ~3 features ready to submit, and a todo list of 10+ more I would love to work on (and I won't be offended if they're rejected or edited!) but the lack of GitHub activity in January concerns me...
Don't worry, I was a busy but it should be reviewed by the end of the week.
kenmo
Addict
Addict

Post by kenmo »

OK, thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to many contributions!
thyphoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by thyphoon »

Edit : Bad topic :oops:
Last edited by thyphoon on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Wrong topic, please use the appropriate forum
thyphoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by thyphoon »

Fred wrote:Wrong topic, please use the appropriate forum
Excuse me :oops:
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

Hi all,

:idea: Would a talented graphic designer and coder be able to create and add the Windows 10 skin to the list of existing skins in the Form Designer resources?

Preferences > Form > OS Skin > OSX / Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux Ubuntu
:arrow: there is no Windows 10 skin ?
Even if the one on Windows 8 looks similar, it would be nice to have the last 10, especially if it's going to last.

:wink:

(I don't know if I should put this here or in 'Feature Requests and Wishlists' or 'The PureBasic Form Designer'. I think since the team may not have time for this kind of minor modification, maybe it can be done through the forum?)
Niffo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Niffo »

Marc56us wrote: :idea: Would a talented graphic designer and coder be able to create and add the Windows 10 skin to the list of existing skins in the Form Designer resources?
You ? :mrgreen:
Niffo
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

HeX0R wrote:
Shardik wrote:or better change it to

Code: Select all

Procedure.s GetIndentContinuationPrefix(Previous$)
    ; Use this for a simple "block mode" indentation
    ProcedureReturn GetIndentPrefix(Previous$) + Space(TabLength)
TabLength is defined in PureBasicIDE/Common.pb as Global and contains the number of spaces used when pressing the <Tab> key. So the indentation with spaces will be correct independant of your chosen setting for your preferred tab key spaces. The commented default above will always indent with 4 spaces.
I didn't get my hands on the IDE Source Code (yet?), but wouldn't that fool all the people who are using REAL tabs?
I have posted this pull request on GitHub that also supports real Tabs...:wink:
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

Fred wrote:Hi folks,

Some of you asked to OpenSource none criticals components of PureBasic to be able to patch them and improve them, and here is the first shot ! We are happy to announce than the IDE is now OpenSource and can be accessed it in the main github repository here:

https://github.com/fantaisie-software/purebasic

Anyone is welcome to clone it, to analyze the code, write improvement or even only for curiosity ! If you want, you can also create pull request to have your change included in the main package (all pull requests won't be accepted, it will be analyzed and kept on case by case basis).

Be warned, be able to compile it isn't straight forward and need some understanding of the build chain (VC++, UnxTools, env var, etc.). Needed info are sum up in the BUILD.txt file.

Have fun !

The Fantaisie Software Team
I found this one much better, more large, extended and more clear:
http://www.purearea.net/pb/english/index.htm
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by wilbert »

Psychophanta wrote:I found this one much better, more large, extended and more clear:
http://www.purearea.net/pb/english/index.htm
That's something totally different.
This thread is about (parts of) the source code of PureBasic itself, the site you are referring to isn't.
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)