Multicolor Procedure List

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
RSBasic

Multicolor Procedure List

Post by RSBasic »

Hello :)

I have developed a tool for PureBasic and SpiderBasic.
With this program you can color the entries in the procedure list. Both font and background color. It can be used to highlight certain procedures.
There is also a search function.

Screenshot:

Installation:

Requirements:
The setting "Display full Source Path in TitleBar" must be enabled because I have no other way to find the path to the PB file.

Download: https://www.rsbasic.de/downloads/downlo ... e_List.zip

I would be very pleased about feedbacks, improvement suggestions, error messages or wishes. Thanks :)
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Multicolor Procedure List

Post by oreopa »

I havent tested yet, but it seems like a cool idea... any chance to implement folding in the procedure list also? Maybe something like using the markers (";-", which actually doubles as a start code fold token in my setup) or someother token pair... It would also be a great thing to have a search field, to filter the list by partial matching string or so... also if you haven't done it already: mousewheel scrolling should work on list hovering - this is by far the most annoying thing about the default procedure browser side panel :D

Actually this idea could be taken a lot further now I think of it... foldable Constants, Variables, Declare sections etc...

I tend to code in one file, and with a lot of "heading markers" with like ";- CONSTANTS" etc... if it was possible to un/fold that section and see the definitions of such section without scrolling the source, that would be really handy. I know we have other ways of seeing variables, and constants etc but they are pretty basic in the side panel, and do not tell things if a value is assigned by default etc, and the value of the constant... so on...

Anyway these are just some thoughts (and most of them probably a source parsing nightmare :) ), and not really feature suggestions. Thanx for the tool, ill try it out and give feedback later.
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

oreopa wrote: It would also be a great thing to have a search field, to filter the list by partial matching string or so
Good idea, I can do that.
oreopa wrote:lso if you haven't done it already: mousewheel scrolling should work on list hovering
Is that what you mean when PB doesn't have the window focus and you want to scroll in the list? Windows 10 can do that.
oreopa wrote:any chance to implement folding in the procedure list also? Maybe something like using the markers (";-", which actually doubles as a start code fold token in my setup) or someother token pair...
I'm sorry, I don't think I will do that because the effort is too great and the performance is deteriorating. PureBasic is thus used to full capacity.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Multicolor Procedure List 1.0.1 has been released.

Changelog:
  • Added: Search function/Filter function: This allows you to search/filter for procedures in the procedure list in real time.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Multicolor Procedure List 1.0.2 has been released.

Changelog:
  • Changed: If the portable version is used, this version is used.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Multicolor Procedure List 1.0.3 has been released.

Changelog:
  • Added: Added "Bind color settings to this PB file" setting to specify whether new color settings will be bound to the current PB file (default) or whether the color settings are valid for all PB files.
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

RSBasic wrote:Is that what you mean when PB doesn't have the window focus and you want to scroll in the list? Windows 10 can do that.
I was actually referring to the fact that the procedure browser side panel in PB *never* scrolls on mousewheel regardless... focus is always given to the scintilla gadget/scrollbar... that has always been a slight annoyance to me ;)
RSBasic wrote:
oreopa wrote:any chance to implement folding in the procedure list also? Maybe something like using the markers (";-", which actually doubles as a start code fold token in my setup) or someother token pair...
I'm sorry, I don't think I will do that because the effort is too great and the performance is deteriorating. PureBasic is thus used to full capacity.
No worries ;) It would be a fair amount of work.

Looks good so far anyway, ty for sharing. And it also gives me inspiration to try some stuff myself. :)
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
Zebuddi123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Zebuddi123 »

Hi RSBasic I have found an undocumented feature. :lol: Unable to jump to procedure when your program is running. For me the search facility is what makes it. :)

The search function works great.

-Load droopy.pb (not tried droopy module) or any file with a large number of procs.
-Say I search for all procedures with "file" in the proc name on 1st jump works.
-But all subsequent jumps go to same proc regardless of proc you want to jump to.

This search function would be great added to the templates section also :)
Thanks for this tool It`s as someone recently put :) "Adopted" ;)

Zebuddi.
malleo, caput, bang. Ego, comprehendunt in tempore
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

RSBasic wrote:The setting "Display full Source Path in TitleBar" must be enabled because I have no other way to find the path to the PB file.
Doesn't the %FILE parameter for Tools give you that? That's what the manual says.
HanPBF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by HanPBF »

Great idea!

Installed it and have this behaviour:
- scrollbar of procedure browser flickers
- scrollbar flickers only if not set to 0 (on top)
- scrollbar does start flickering when mouse over source frame
- scrollbar stops flickering when mouse over procedure browser

What the feature concerns: great, great, great!

Your work is really apreciated, great!

I can confirm, that group by tree view would be nice; but there are many things to consider and think about, seems not so easy.

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by HanPBF on Sun May 26, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

@all
Thank your for your feedback. :)
Zebuddi123 wrote:-Load droopy.pb (not tried droopy module) or any file with a large number of procs.
-Say I search for all procedures with "file" in the proc name on 1st jump works.
-But all subsequent jumps go to same proc regardless of proc you want to jump to.
I will try to reproduce the error
BarryG wrote:
RSBasic wrote:The setting "Display full Source Path in TitleBar" must be enabled because I have no other way to find the path to the PB file.
Doesn't the %FILE parameter for Tools give you that? That's what the manual says.
No. %FILE only gives me an open PB file once at startup, but my tool runs permanently for all open PB files. If you change the tab, then my tool must determine the next open file.
HanPBF wrote:- scrollbar of procedure browser flickers
What tools are available in your ToolPanels?
Do you have the flickering on every file, even small files or just large files?
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Multicolor Procedure List 1.0.4 has been released.

Changelog:
  • Changed: The update rate of the procedure list has been increased from 250 to 500 milliseconds.
  • Bugfix: If the PB file was too large, clicking and jumping to the procedure did not work.
Zebuddi123 wrote:-Load droopy.pb (not tried droopy module) or any file with a large number of procs.
Thanks for the tip with the droopy.pb file. I was able to reproduce it. Bug fixed.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Multicolor Procedure List 1.0.5 has been released.

Changelog:
  • Changed: Procedure list is no longer determined permanently, but only when changed or searched.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Multicolor Procedure List 1.0.6 has been released.

Changelog:
  • Bugfix: If the "Procedures" tab is not in the first tab, then the procedure list is not updated until the next change. Has been fixed.
HanPBF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by HanPBF »

I say it telegraphy: scrollbar flickering - new version - gone :D

Thanks a lot!