Windows Services & Other Stuff

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Re: Windows Services & Other Stuff

Post by JHPJHP »

Updated:
- added \Other_Stuff\GadgetStuff\
-- GadgetCallback_1.pb
-- GadgetCallback_2.pb

With the recent changes to handling events from Gadgets located inside a Container, the two new examples were created.
- for my needs, I was mostly concerned with coloring Gadgets that don't natively support this feature
- in the second example, Gadgets located on a Window still support the old method of event handling

NOTE: In the first example, as a comparison, I used the base script from an example provided by mk-soft, demonstrating a much simpler solution.
lesserpanda
User
User

Post by lesserpanda »

Hello, I'm interested in looking at the codes here for Window Services etc.

How do I get to your site? It says permanently closed.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

lesserpanda wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:33 amHow do I get to your site? It says permanently closed.
Confirmed! What the? JHPJHP, what's going on? I hope you're okay. [Edit] His email bounces, too. This is a sad day for PureBasic. :(
Last edited by BarryG on Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mindphazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Mindphazer »

All his posts have been modified one week ago
No more links to his website..... :(
MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro - 16 Gb - MacOS 14 - Iphone 15 Pro Max - iPad at home
...and unfortunately... Windows at work...
lesserpanda
User
User

Post by lesserpanda »

Was this like a paid site? Or free download? Cuz I was hoping to learn the windows programming with this.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

You could download exes from his site, but if you wanted the sources you could make a financial donation to get them. I did because his sources were quite useful to me, and to see him gone and no longer contributing here is a shock. The fact that all his posts got modified means it was a conscious decision to leave, rather than accidental.

JHPJHP: If you're reading this, you ARE missed and your work and contributions WERE valued. Hopefully you're just taking a break and can return in future when you feel up to it. If not, feel free to email or PM me privately if you ever want to chat - it doesn't have to be about PureBasic and I won't ask about why you left. We'll just shoot the breeze about anything. 8)
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

I'm a donator too and now I'm feel stupid because I doesn't downloaded all the stuff :(
I think he should write a lines about her decision (at least to donors) but anyway I hope he is ok.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

[Deleted; it seems I gave a wrong impression, and that wasn't what I intended. I have nothing but praise for JHPJHP. My refund comment was based on a worst-case scenario].
Last edited by BarryG on Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Post by jacdelad »

BarryG wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:47 am
Caronte3D wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:48 amI'm a donator too and now I'm feel stupid because I doesn't downloaded all the stuff :(
Can you arrange a dispute/refund through PayPal for goods not received? I think the timeframe is still 180 days after payment.
Or we wait if JHPJHP rejoins us. Otherwise I can provide most of the sources with the latest updates (minus the Chromium WebGadget).
PureBasic 6.04/XProfan X4a/Embarcadero RAD Studio 11/Perl 5.2/Python 3.10
Windows 11/Ryzen 5800X/32GB RAM/Radeon 7770 OC/3TB SSD/11TB HDD
Synology DS1821+/36GB RAM/130TB
Synology DS920+/20GB RAM/54TB
Synology DS916+ii/8GB RAM/12TB
jassing
Addict
Addict

Post by jassing »

jacdelad wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:42 am Or we wait if JHPJHP rejoins us. Otherwise I can provide most of the sources with the latest updates (minus the Chromium WebGadget).
If he wanted everyone to have it; he'd have left his site up and removed the paywall and put a banner "no longer supported" or something; would you want your software given away if you decided to stop dealing with it?
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

It's my own fault for lurking...
jassing wrote:... would you want your software given away...
I wouldn't, but that should have been obvious. Thank you.
BarryG wrote:... arrange a dispute/refund through PayPal for goods not received...
I know it comes from a helpful place, but really? That would be an interesting conversation...
Hi, I donated $20 for access to a website's downloads. I was given access (anywhere from months to years) where I made numerous downloads. But in the past few days the owner of the website has shut it down, and I can't download anymore...
Anyway, within the next few weeks I'll reopen the website. I still love programming in PureBasic, but my departure from the forum is my business.
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

Well... I'm sure the forum loses a great helper if you decided to leave, sorry to hear that, anyway I hope you're okay because this whole situation seems so weird to me.
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Post by jacdelad »

jassing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:25 pm
jacdelad wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:42 am Or we wait if JHPJHP rejoins us. Otherwise I can provide most of the sources with the latest updates (minus the Chromium WebGadget).
If he wanted everyone to have it; he'd have left his site up and removed the paywall and put a banner "no longer supported" or something; would you want your software given away if you decided to stop dealing with it?
My comment was meant for the case that he would not be able to provide it anymore, like his death. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't talking about giving it out to everyone just for fun or like a warez site...

@JHPJHP: Glad you're still with us, it's always unsettling if someone goes quiet without notice.
PureBasic 6.04/XProfan X4a/Embarcadero RAD Studio 11/Perl 5.2/Python 3.10
Windows 11/Ryzen 5800X/32GB RAM/Radeon 7770 OC/3TB SSD/11TB HDD
Synology DS1821+/36GB RAM/130TB
Synology DS920+/20GB RAM/54TB
Synology DS916+ii/8GB RAM/12TB
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

lesserpanda wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:33 am Hello, I'm interested in looking at the codes here for Window Services etc.
You can also take a look at this
jassing
Addict
Addict

Post by jassing »

jacdelad wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:24 pm My comment was meant for the case that he would not be able to provide it anymore, like his death.
I don't think why it's not available is relevant; the release of software into public domain like that would be up to his estate; not random people on the internet.

That's like saying 'Hey, bob down the street is dead - let's take his truck and we can all use it"