Recipe management software?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
daveb
User
User

Re: Recipe management software?

Post by daveb »

I would appreciate any of those routines you can find, but please do not go to a lot of trouble on my account.

In the few years I have followed this forum, I have watched the exchanges between you and others with some amusement, or should that be bemusement :? Centuries!!! :o What are you guys Hobbits :?:
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

I would appreciate any of those routines you can find, but please do not go to a lot of trouble on my account.
If I don't move my ass and my mind to help someone, what use is my tiny brain?
In the few years I have followed this forum, I have watched the exchanges between you and others with some amusement, or should that be bemusement
We used to be a lot sillier once and there was a lot of carry on in the forums and on IRC chat (Search for princess Rings episodes) and we misbehaved ourselves. You wouldn't think I was going to be 64 this year (I look at least 802!) but the wave of new, serious people with no sense of humour killed that. And a lot of us got older, uglier, sillier or just busy.

By the way, never try to shift house when you are dumber than most of today's tv content, it kills your brain cells!
:? Centuries!!! :o What are you guys Hobbits :?:
Idle is an immortal kiwi sheep rooter and I am a long winded Aussie gasbag with centuries of goat molesting under my belt. And the teeth to match an old hairy donkey.
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Rattle ya daggs fangles
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

daveb wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:14 pm...I have been trying to get a better understanding of SQLite...
Perhaps this might be helpful:

PureBasic SQLite Database: A Quick Tutorial
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

There you go daveb. One of the mighty master whose intellectual capacity exceeds the size of my feet has posted a much simpler solution than trying to read my demented typings.
deeproot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by deeproot »

Fangbeast wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:20 am
And a lot of us got older, uglier, sillier or just busy.
... So true!!

However, 64 is still just a youngster - I expect you'll get more sensible when you grow up (but hope not :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ).
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

I expect you'll get more sensible when you grow up (but hope not :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ).
Sensible?? Me?? What is wrong with that assertion?? I represent that inflammation!!

Just for that comment, I will do some proper programming when the weather is warmer.

Sensible?? Hope you trip over your pet ferret collection and get an impaction!
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

Fangbeast wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 am...the mighty master whose intellectual capacity exceeds the size of my feet has posted a much simpler solution...
At least the last part of that statement is true.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

TI-994A wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am
Fangbeast wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 am...the mighty master whose intellectual capacity exceeds the size of my feet has posted a much simpler solution...
exceeds the size of my feet????
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

Fangbeast wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:35 pm
TI-994A wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am
exceeds the size of my feet????
You must have mighty small feet. :wink:
daveb
User
User

Post by daveb »

TI-994A wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:33 am
daveb wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:14 pm...I have been trying to get a better understanding of SQLite...
Perhaps this might be helpful:

PureBasic SQLite Database: A Quick Tutorial
Thanks for the pointer TI-994A. I have already blown most my limited supply of brain cells getting a grip on that. Ye it was helpful to get me started.
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Post by the.weavster »

Fangbeast wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:51 am What do you kiwi sheep rooters know about windchill, you always have them wrapped around your asses:):)
In the UK it's the Welsh that get teased for being too familiar with the sheep and I can tell you the origin of that story - in the dim and distant past sheep rustling was regarded as a very serious crime with a severe penalty to boot whereas bestiality was considered a lesser offence with a much more lenient penalty. As a consequence if a sheep rustler got caught in the act they'd quickly pull down their pants to try to lessen the punishment :lol:
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Fangbeast wrote:Idle is an immortal kiwi sheep rooter
The translator has difficulty in admitting to me the reality of this sentence. Is it fetish?
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Olli wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:00 am
Fangbeast wrote:Idle is an immortal kiwi sheep rooter
The translator has difficulty in admitting to me the reality of this sentence. Is it fetish?
Fangles is just jealous of Barbara. He has to make do with a goat.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

[/quote]
Fangles is just jealous of Barbara. He has to make do with a goat.
[/quote]

You're just jealous that I have a good quality, 5 toggled mutant goat with sexy eyes!

Seriously though, why is it so damned hard for me to do anything in this cold weather. Barely got further than 3 pages of code lately. Having diabetes (well managed) still stuffs up my circulation and makes it impossible.

Daveb, all sorted for now? Whenever I had serious problems with sqlite in the past, Infratec and Spikey helped me out a lot. There were others who helped too but Infratec (Sorry Bernd, didn't mean to dob you in) specifically helped me with the recipe import routines.

I still have the import routines that were done saved but there is a lot of my program specific information in it now and inbetween, Bisonte helped me simplify the data insertion enormously. Less typing and mistakes now.

I am still collecting recipes every day and have over 600,00 of the buggers now, in various formats.