Is it possible?

Advanced game related topics
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by sneakypeeks.

Can you really make a game in PureBasic? With good graphics and
sound and everything? Im not talking about minesweeper I mean like
quake or something cool.
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Mr.Skunk.

Yes i think, even 3D games can be possible in PB, as the PB compiler produce a good assembly code with no runtime like some others... :wink:

But the graphic engine must be done in assembly, i think (direclty in source or in a special 3D library. It will be cool a 3D library for PB...)

Mr Skunk

Mr Skunk's PureBasic Web Page
http://www.skunknet.fr.st
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by sneakypeeks.

Oh yea I think a PB 3D engine would be really cool :) It might attract a lot of game developers to PB too.. if its easy to use, and powerful. Im sure it would be a rough task but I might try it out on my own.. of course Im no expert, at all :wink:
But I found a whole load of information about MASM32 and use of direct X and windows API thru assembly language.. mostly off the MASM forum from the links on your site mister skunk.. thanks :wink: Im totally new to all this but Im really interested in ASM now that Ive seen what can be done with it, which is pretty much anything =) I was going to learn C++ but now Im thinking ASM is the way to go. I had lots of trouble and confusion with linking and compiling using C++ but Im hearing that ASM doesnt even need to mess with that. And the code isnt as bad as I thought it would be, I was expecting to see huge chunks of hex and binary type code, but the syntax is a lot like C or any other language.. Im actually kind of excited to learn ASM its funny because Im usually not so happy about trying to learn a new language but I think it would be neat to know ASM.
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Mr.Skunk.

I tried to learn C++ too, but it's not for me too, don't know why...
Learning ASM make me feel exactly the same way. It's not as difficult as i thought and it's a real pleasure to build and optimise ASM code .

Mr Skunk

Mr Skunk's PureBasic Web Page
http://www.skunknet.fr.st