Dealing with Google claiming malware

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Dealing with Google claiming malware

Post by idle »

@Rinzwind
I tried that it made no difference. I don't know exactly why Google blocked it, they didn't elaborate but I can make an educated guess, they blocked it as it can directly block their revenue stream.

@BarryG
This is the very reason I created dnscope and it will eventually get you around censorship and geo blocks.
Lunasole
Addict
Addict

Post by Lunasole »

idle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 pm The last battle for the internet as we know it will be fought over DNS. They can't control it.
Hah, one of such things. DNS is still easy to secure, encrypt it, tunnel it and pass to some servers you like.
There is a lot of paranoia in other things of course, the deeper to go in that all.
I was writing a bit, but then deleted yesterday, that anyway needs much more text to describe than just saying about "perspectives of eastern digital internment" and comparing it with something we have here^^
"W̷i̷s̷h̷i̷n̷g o̷n a s̷t̷a̷r"
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Lunasole wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:49 pm
idle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 pm The last battle for the internet as we know it will be fought over DNS. They can't control it.
Hah, one of such things. DNS is still easy to secure, encrypt it, tunnel it and pass to some servers you like.
There is a lot of paranoia in other things of course, the deeper to go in that all.
I was writing a bit, but then deleted yesterday, that anyway needs much more text to describe than just saying about "perspectives of eastern digital internment" and comparing it with something we have here^^
What I mean is when DNS over https becomes the forced standard used by your browser and where it gives you no choice which DNS to use. Whoever resolves your DNS ultimately controls what you can and cant see.
Lunasole
Addict
Addict

Post by Lunasole »

idle wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:03 pm What I mean is when DNS over https becomes the forced standard used by your browser and where it gives you no choice which DNS to use. Whoever resolves your DNS ultimately controls what you can and cant see.
It still can be bypassed easily, by using different browsers, or tuning existing, adding dns proxies or own dns server. There is lot of such details, I also from sometime did things like that (can even send you some variants, but probably you already know many such).
But for most people of course it remains default like you described, if imagine for example some newbie who just come to internet, bought some iphone or android and uses it as is, an easy target for many.
"W̷i̷s̷h̷i̷n̷g o̷n a s̷t̷a̷r"
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

yes you can always get around it if you know how but regular users don't.
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Does google actually employ anyone with a modicum of intelligence or any brains at all. Its blocking my site again because of the portable version of my software. Perhaps their automated script should be capable of distinguishing variants of a name or should scan the PE with a de Bruijn graph, they would find it's 99.5% identical to the other so what's the issue. anchors
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

Already happening. You'll be surprised how many devices use hard coded google dns servers. One way is to block them in your firewall. For now.

Be also aware of any "advanced" spell checking in your browser: https://www.ghacks.net/2022/09/19/dont- ... -features/
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Rinzwind wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:06 am Already happening. You'll be surprised how many devices use hard coded google dns servers. One way is to block them in your firewall. For now.
What's already happening?
Yes sure you can block external DNS like 8.8.8.8 in your routers firewall, that's got nothing to do with google blocking my software though.

There's a key logger edge with the advanced spell check and it was also active in the webview2 control which is why I freaked out about it. It has major ramifications for developers using webview2, I found it out a month later than your link
and was watching it spew everything I typed up to microsoft office servers.