[SOLVED] FindString() but specify a string occurrence

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Re: FindString() but specify a string occurrence

Post by AZJIO »

Oso wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:03 pm or for that matter why there isn't also a String equivalent.

Code: Select all

Structure String
	s.s
EndStructure
Usage example: viewtopic.php?p=575871
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

Oso wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:03 pm ... For example, at the moment, I'm not sure about the below, without some background, or for that matter why there isn't also a String equivalent.
@Oso: I think I added to your confusion by inadvertently leaving out the String structure from my list.

To clarify, there is a structure called 'String' for dynamic strings but there isn't a structure per se for fixed strings. A fixed string is basically a array of characters with a static dimension. I won't complicate the discussion by any further details about fixed strings since you aren't using those
Oso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Oso »

Demivec wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:54 am @Oso: I think I added to your confusion by inadvertently leaving out the String structure from my list.

To clarify, there is a structure called 'String' for dynamic strings but there isn't a structure per se for fixed strings. A fixed string is basically a array of characters with a static dimension. I won't complicate the discussion by any further details about fixed strings since you aren't using those
Thanks Demivec and AZJIO, no I think the mistake was mine, in regard to String. While trying to check which other types besides .INTEGER were permitted as a pointer type in procedure parameters, I attempted to change it to .STRING and for some reason it threw an error, leading me to wrongly conclude that a String type wasn't possible. But I now rather suspect that while I was half asleep, I probably mistyped it :D

Code: Select all

Procedure GetSize(*Width.INTEGER, *Height.INTEGER) 
Working with PB has proven to be very addictive. I've been working through the night for several weeks, unable to stop.