PureBasic Portable 1.55 (win)

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.51 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

The unreleased 1.52 brings a debug or a feature enablement. (Matter of perspective I guess.)
You could set new locations for PureBasic.prefs and Tools.prefs with the profiles feature however, the tools for links and compiler lists and tool paths would only work if those files were named exactly that.

1.52 allows you to name PureBasic.prefs Tools.prefs as well as Templates.prefs and History.db to whatever you wish.
This opens up the possibility for you to perhaps even start up different tool files 32bit vs 64bit versions or something.
There is no error checking if there are parameters missing or missing paths in your profile I should mention.
So, I recommend you always at least Have the /P and /A parameters defined in a profile.

Before I conclude this version for release, I will look into disabling the Continue button and double click ability if a selected profile has invalid directories or missing /P and /A parameters.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.52 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Minimal error checking is done when a profile is selected. /P and /A must exist and be valid directories. The files don't have to exist yet.
/T and /H don't have to be set in the profile but, if they are added they are checked to be valid directories. The files don't have to exist yet.
I am assuming that if /T or /H are not described in the profile. They will default their location to AppData]Roaming\PureBasic\ if there is no use of /Portable or /Local. If /Portable or /Local are used, they will default to the editor's directory. So, this makes for flexibility? This is why I decided not to make the use of /T and /H mandatory. I had to make /P and /A mandatory for the tools that get run on those files.
So, if the error check fails on a profile, it will disable some controls as well as make visible a small message beside the profile selector to show you that the profile currently does not contain valid paths on the current machine.
I hope these new features I have added make it more powerful, and useful to some of you. If not, you can always ignore it and leave it set on Default. :)
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.53 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

I have made it so that when launching, if you have a profile other than default set, the window will open instead of directly launching preferred editor immediately. I chose this for several reasons that involve how it loads, checks, and starts profiles that are not default.
Other code cleaning, debugging, refining.

Probably won't be anything else for a while. likely no unreleased compiles either.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.54 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Improvements to startup concerning preference profiles.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.54 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

I have given it some thought about adding support for SpiderBasic installs. I might do that sometime for myself or perhaps not.
It would be a heavy bit of work. However, feel free to post in this thread if you support the idea and would like the addition. I may give it an earlier start.

I no longer use windows. My work on this project has now officially ended. Someone else please feel free to fix bugs and add features and host there own copies.
there are now issues with dark mode. and I think there may be a bug with the recent link tool under certain conditions.
My OneDrive Link for this will remain.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.55 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Small update abandoning ChrisR's "ObjectColor.pbi" in favor of ChrisR's "ObjectTheme.pbi"