Main IncludeFile when compiling

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Main IncludeFile when compiling

Post by BarryG »

In the "Compiler Options" for any source there's a "Main source file" setting that will be compiled instead of the current source, which works great.

My request is somewhat similar: the main preferences of the IDE (under "Compiler") could have a setting called "Main IncludeFile" which the user can leave blank for no IncludeFile, or specify the path to one. Then whenever a compilation starts, this IncludeFile is silently be included at the top of the source, or ignored if this field is empty.

This means we can have our own "libraries" of code that will immediately be usable in any new apps we start, without having to manually IncludeFile it. The user can then choose to edit that IncludeFile to their heart's content, such as inluding other files in it themselves.

Reason for this request -> viewtopic.php?p=587985#p587985

Thanks for considering!
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Re: Main IncludeFile when compiling

Post by jacdelad »

This would solve my "problem" with the residents (viewtopic.php?t=79638) too.

+1
PureBasic 6.04/XProfan X4a/Embarcadero RAD Studio 11/Perl 5.2/Python 3.10
Windows 11/Ryzen 5800X/32GB RAM/Radeon 7770 OC/3TB SSD/11TB HDD
Synology DS1821+/36GB RAM/130TB
Synology DS920+/20GB RAM/54TB
Synology DS916+ii/8GB RAM/12TB
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Re: Main IncludeFile when compiling

Post by StarBootics »

What about to add a toolbox system like Matlab has for example ? From my perspective this would be absolutely nice to have. You just need to tell the compiler the root directory for where to look for non-compiled libraries (modules, procedures, etc.) somewhere in the IDE preference. When you compile a program the compiler will scan the specified directory for missing Modules, procedures, etc. and if he can't find something just tell the programmer like the compiler work right now.

Something should be added to manage the non-compiled libraries. Whatever it is +1

Best regards
StarBootics
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !