Fishing Party

Advanced game related topics
jak64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fishing Party

Post by jak64 »

Hello,
Here is a small fishing game written in Purebasic V5.73 with the source and the program compiled in 64 bits running under Windows (XP, 7, 10, 11).
This game works regardless of screen resolution (minimum 1024 x 768) and with all display scale factors (100, 125, 150).
The rules are explained in the game

The zip file to download weighs 11 MB.
Link to download the file https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... Coa0pUu4RV

And some pictures of the game below.

thank you for your comeback

chi
Addict
Addict

Re: Fishing Party

Post by chi »

Nice one! A reaction game for young and old 8)
The background could use some animations... Like flowing water and moving clouds (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OsXQDgOTn8). Maybe something to tinker with ^^
Et cetera is my worst enemy
Oso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Oso »

Very nice. As an English speaker mostly, I feel that the French language in the source code adds an instant élégance to it!

Unfortunately, perhaps because I do everything inside VirtualBox guests on Linux, I can't seem to run it. I see only a white screen when it runs in WIndows 7 and Windows 10 guests. I can press ESC twice to exit the game, so something is happening -- it isn't hung.
jak64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jak64 »

Hello Osoo,
Sorry, I can't help you on this point, I don't know VirtualBox on Linux.

I hope someone will have the solution on the forum (maybe compiler options...)

I'm French, I live near Biarritz and I use Google to translate into English, but I haven't translated the comments or the variable names...
Oso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Oso »

jak64 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:39 pm Hello Osoo, Sorry, I can't help you on this point, I don't know VirtualBox on Linux.
It's okay, it seems to be a limitation with VirtualBox that I don't normally see with day-to-day apps.
jak64 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:39 pm I'm French, I live near Biarritz and I use Google to translate into English, but I haven't translated the comments or the variable names...
No need to change -- it may help those of us who would like to learn some more French. ;-)