Smartphones, sensivity of touch

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Olli
Addict
Addict

Smartphones, sensivity of touch

Post by Olli »

Hello !

I just got another click on Smartphone, although I don't touch the touch screen. Nothing serious this time. It's a newer Samsung. I wanted to know if there were controls, audits or even a standard on this subject. It clicks on the button displayed under my finger, but my finger is more than 4 millimeters away (not behind). I won't tell you my usual reaction to, now turn hand and smartphone 90 degrees to check the distance. It's a bit mentally ill...

And have you got the same event too ?
Thank you.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Smartphones, sensivity of touch

Post by Bitblazer »

ghost touch is a known problem which can happen due to very different reasons.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Yes, but are there some controls and tests about it ?
1 time per 1000000 times : it should be ok. I observe this event more often than 1 time per 1000 times. It's over. I think technically if the screen is too cold (under 18°celsius),
condensation (we are not totallty dry) forms on the screen and comes to consider that it is a screen touch.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Klick the link in my reply, there can be many reasons and there are different solutions.
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

These machines should have an option to manage touch level sensibility.
Perhaps, if you are a guru and you entry as a 'root' user, you can do it.

Few months ago I learned about the multiple sensors some phones have, like accelerometer, inclinometer, pressure, compass, magnetic field sensor, etc.
And I got very surprised when I knew their microphones are not like the usual old ones, but just they are realtime atmospheric pressure sensors. :shock:

I suggest to install CPU-Z for android for example, to see the sensors the machine has. If you are lucky, there can be a detail about a possible user touch-screen sensibility tuning.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I thank you two for the responses, but I talk really about the factory controls, the Samsungs are good on hardware. But this is not a problem of "ghost touch" by defining (bitblazer link) a thing is touching the screen.

It is a touch which is invented by the hardware. It considers the water of my body as my body (finger). Especially, when the screen is colder than my finger : the natural water which evacuates from my finger through the steam particles and which is condensed by the colder screen. This creates an artifact which is considered as a touch.

Also, I can listen to music, the screen stood fully activated, and the device in my pocket : the cover takes a too big surface on the screen, so the hardware does not consider a touch can occur in my pocket. However, when youTube is on the table, there are ads and several screen features which do not miss to invade the screen and cut the music. But, on the pocket, the touched surface is too big, and the hardware never considers a touch. I can listen to music many hours like that, without problems.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

It depends on too many conditions that only you can know, that is why i just linked the search term. One of the resulting links was for example this video.

Watch it :) Even though this is just a fraction of the possible causes and solutions.