Users complain boring user interface of my apps

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re: Users complain boring user interface of my apps

Post by BarryG »

mk-soft wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:55 amYou must have adjusted the registry at some point so that external CHMs are displayed again.
Not at all. It's only HLP files that don't open in Win 10. CHM are still fine (for me, anyway). <Shrugs>.

[Edit] The answer is possibly here -> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/114 ... s-canceled
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

[CHM/HLP stuff]
Please stay on topic. Thanks!
Hygge
tored
User
User

Post by tored »

I have now published the Sciter bindings for PureBasic on github

https://github.com/tored/pb-sciter

I have an example in the README that works both on Windows and Linux. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Mac so that is unsupported, however if it works similarly as Linux then it shouldn't be a problem for someone with Mac development knowledge to add that.

There is of course lots of things that needs to be explored still, like how to work with event handlers, DOM and loading of resources, but now there is something to continue on at least.

I need to learn myself more how to do Sciter GUI development and I probably expand the bindings bit by bit.

If the original Sciter binding authors on this forum wants credit in the license that can be added.

Feel free to critique the design of the project.
Oliver13
User
User

Post by Oliver13 »

Why not using idle's great implementation of civetweb ?

https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewto ... eb#p524168

I use it for years in my applications. It is very easy to implement and you can develop the GUI in HTML using any javascript based UI-libs (I'm using JQWidgets, kendo and jeasyui) and display it with the Webgadget (you only need to set the compatibility mode)

You have multithreading, SSL, can use AXAX and a lot of more things. I also like the ability to package all ressource files in a memory container, so ressource hackers do not have an easy job.
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

Oliver13 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:43 pm Why not using idle's great implementation of civetweb ?
Awesome! :shock:
tored
User
User

Post by tored »

I have made several updates to the Sciter bindings and expanded the example to show how to load resources (scripts, images etc) and how to export a PureBasic procedure to a JavaScript namespace.

https://github.com/tored/pb-sciter

I think with the example provided it is now possible to write a real world purebasic-sciter applications. You should have everything you need with the caveat that you only do GUI stuff within Sciter and communicate to PureBasic via exported functions.

Other parts of the Sciter API, like the element and node API has not been explored yet, but it shouldn't be that difficult to fix when needed.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Interesting (german) Article about the SAP UI and the used libraries / themes. The UI is an extended version of OpenUI5 in combination with Fiori.

OpenUI5 comes with apache 2.0 license. It could be another interesting alternative to use with PureBasic. Just a FYI for somebody looking for a new project ;)