WindowEvent() lag?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Re: WindowEvent() lag?

Post by #NULL »

I was wrong about 1 fps. The fonts are probably a bit different on linux, so 61 fps was clipped at the left screen edge to 1 fps because the sprite was to small. So I actually get ~60 fps with your code as is. The other 60fps I mentioned was with my own measuring, without being clipped.
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

Oops yeah sorry, the FPS sprite was too narrow. I've changed the code in my previous post. So now I have 144, but moving the mouse still affects the FPS. If someone could confirm this, that would be amazing. Again, this drops is only noticeable in Window mode; in Fullscreen everything is fine.
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

I don't have Windows but I have an idea: Do you have a very high dpi mouse?
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

Yes, a MSI Clutch GM41.
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

Joubarbe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:34 pmYes, a MSI Clutch GM41.
Okay, my guess is that your mouse fires just too many events per second. Could be also the special driver of the mouse. Do you have the same phenomenon if you turn the DPI down?
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

Not much difference no. Even at minimum DPI, in Windows preferences, and on my mouse setting, I still experience the FPS loss.
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

Update on this issue: I've discovered that when I plug my laptop in, the problem disappears and I have a steady FPS. I know that performances are drastically reduced when a laptop is on battery, but still, I did not imagine such an impact.