Where is RSBasic?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where is RSBasic?

Post by Kurzer »

Does anybody know what happens to RSBasic? His last post is from June 2020 if I used the forum search correctly.

I hope he is healty and fine.

Markus

Sent via mobile phone
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2024: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
Little John
Addict
Addict

Re: Where is RSBasic?

Post by Little John »

I also hope that he is doing well.
Did you write him a PM?
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Kurzer »

Hello Little John,

no, not just now.
But thanks for the hint. I received a message from him in the german forum on September 4th. This means, that he has not been "absent" for that long. But I was just surprised that he didn't show any reaction to bug reports on his tool MulticolourProcedureList, for example and that his last post here in the english forum was so long ago.

Of course it is possible that something serious has changed in his private environment. But I hope not. I am a bit sensitised, because I exchanged some PMs with Gnozal in the past and contributed some functions for his PureForm editor - and at some point Gnozal disappeared without leaving a message. Something like that usually leaves others with worries.
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2024: 56y
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

In the german board his last login was yesterday. So I think he is fine.
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Kurzer »

Ah, thanks for the info, Nic.
That sounds reassuring.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Es ist nicht einfach, um die englische Sprache zu lesen und schreiben, immer und immer...

translate : Good news if he can ever log on. Hope he will be back
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Hello everyone :)

Sorry for my inactivity.

There are several reasons:
1. I moved in May in Germany from Berlin to Gernsbach (near Karlsruhe) (distance: 435 Miles/700 kilometers)
2. Because of the preparations for the move I had no time.
3. After the move I also had no time, because e.g: furnishing, appointments like city hall, applications for my new job, job interviews, new job, driving school, etc.

I read all your thread comments and wrote them down in my todo list but currently I have no motivation and no desire. I'm sorry :)
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Kurzer »

Hello RSBasic,
nice to hear that everything is oaky.

I have full understanding for your situation. I know all about moving... but I've stopped counting since my 21st move. :-)

I'm sure you'll have quite other things to do than PureBasic for a while. As you write, you have changed your whole life, including a new job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will go smoothly and that you'll soon be able to relax in your new location.

Gernsbach? We could have almost run into each other there. At the end of October we went to Spain with our motorhome and stopped for the night near Karlsruhe (near the Rhine bridge Maxau). :-D