[GAME] Atoms

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
neuronic
User
User

[GAME] Atoms

Post by neuronic »

Hi everyone,

I have just uploaded my latest game called Atoms to my website. I suppose many of you remember the game Atomic or Atomix from the 1980’s and early 1990’s. If you do, then Atoms will not be difficult for you to play.

How to play
Your job is to move the atoms and build molecules. Some of the molecules are from the original games, but the puzzles are brand new. Some of them are easy to solve while some others require more time.

Install
The game is available as an install package or as a zip archive. You can find a DirectX 9 and a DirectX 11 version. (I found that the DirectX 11 version requires less memory to run.) If you choose to install the game using the installer, the icon/shortcut will start the DirectX 9 version. Off course this can easily be changed.

The Linux version is also available as a tar.gz package. I compiled it on Ubuntu 20.04. (I got a warning from the debugger, but the game seems to run.)

Resolution
The game was designed for HD resolutions, especially for FHD and UHD, but the game should run using other resolutions and aspect ratios.

Win 10
As with my other games, it should run on Windows 10, but I haven’t had the possibility to test it.

Please, let me know if you run into any problem running the game.

Languages
The language files can be found in the Atoms.languages ZIP file.

Download
You can download it from my website (if you click on the image, it will take you to the game): http://www.nightloversgamestudio.net

Have fun with the game!

Screenshot

#NULL
Addict
Addict

Re: [GAME] Atoms

Post by #NULL »

Thanks for sharing.
I tried it on Ubuntu 18.04 (64 bit) and got error version `GLIBC_2.29' not found

Code: Select all

[user]~/Desktop/atoms/atoms 1.0.0.0>./Atoms 
./Atoms: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./Atoms)
Could be my system but I did not try to resolve it because I don't want to mess with my computer right now. :)
neuronic
User
User

Re: [GAME] Atoms

Post by neuronic »

Hi #NULL,

Thank you for testing my game.

I will try to reinstall Ubuntu 18.04 and see if it works for me or not. (Maybe I should have stayed with 18.04 in the first place.)

I do get an error message in the first line of every code I try to run/compile (PB5.72 x64):

Code: Select all

(Line: 1) [WARNING] GLib-GIO (DEBUG): _g_io_module_get_default: Found default implementation gvfs (GDaemonVfs) for â??gio-vfsâ??
Maybe it has something to do with the problem.

neuronic