Invalid Memory Access in 5.71 beta 1 LTS

Post bugs related to the IDE here
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Invalid Memory Access in 5.71 beta 1 LTS

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Hi again

Can you screen capture the error dialog and post it here? It probably won't mean anything to us mortals but might mean something to Fred or Freak.

By the way, what is the installation path?
Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit? You can run the 32 bit version on 64 bit OS but not vice-versa, so double check that you don't have the wrong installer package.
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
TheRabble
New User
New User

Post by TheRabble »

Greetings again IdeasVacum

Don't think I can add an attachment and don't have a place(url) to put an image to display. What the dialog box is just like the one in the first post in this thread except no path. Says 8/16/19 Branch V5.7 Rev 1837.
I can not run either the 32b of the 64b version. Both display the error dialog box the when I click OK PB closes.
The installation path is the default for PB. Program Files\PureBasic. (x86 for the 32b version.)
It's got to be something on my machine since PB ran fine for about 35 minutes. I probably open and closed PB half a dozen times then
the error show up.
When I start PB the IDE opens but the error dialog box is in the middle of the IDE. Closing the error box closes PB. Same with the 32b version.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Delete your PureBasics "Prefs" file (or rename it if you'll need it later). That should let PureBasic start again.
TheRabble
New User
New User

Post by TheRabble »

Hello BarryG,

When you wrote that it occurred to me that even though I had a project with one form (with one button one it), no code except comments and the option to 'load all source' the problem must be in "my stuff."
I deleted the project and PB runs now. That type of error at this stage of a project threw me.
Thanks everyone for the input.
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

That's good news TheRabble

Not everyone actually uses the "Project" facility, it is intended for larger programs (though I have written some largish programs and still never bothered with Projects).

Typically you will have a main file (.pb), additional files (.pbi) which may or may not be Modules. You might also use a Form (GUI) file (.pbf) - a number of us use the Form Designer initially, but then manage the form code as a .pb or .pbi "manually" so that we can include code that the Designer does not understand.

So, the really interesting question is what was it about your Project that caused the IDE to crash when trying to load it. If you can recover it from the Bin, it would help Fred to fix the bug.......
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

I can add an attachment and don't have a place(url) to put an image to display
No need screenshot 8)

:arrow: On many Windows softwares you can copy the text of the messagebox with simple ctrl+c

1. Left click anywhere on the message box (not on OK, of course)
2. Type CTRL+C (nothing happens except a beep, the text go to clipboard)
3. Paste in text (CTRL+V)

You will have something like this (full text)

Code: Select all

---------------------------
PureBasic
Line 1: Can't get the address of a literal numeric value.
OK   
:wink:
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Unfortunately we can't investigate this without more info