New PureBasic website is up

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
marcoagpinto
Addict
Addict

Re: New PureBasic website is up

Post by marcoagpinto »

Fred, now that you are at it, could you please create SVG of all the new images?

It will be useful for developers to resize and use.

Thanks!
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Thanks for all the reports, fixed them all ! The site should have more contrasts as well.
Micoute
User
User

Post by Micoute »

Is it planned to put in French?
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

yes
Lebostein
Addict
Addict

Post by Lebostein »

That horrible showcase with these style of the 90s programs ... I would remove that game screenshots to radiate more professionalism. Make an extra site for these game shots...
Olliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Olliv »

Unable to login (since many years). And security problems are told in my mail. I use alphasnd gmail address to take the list of problems. PM is unabled too but better is by priority level.
gmail allows screenshoots.

Could you see the mail of October, the 3th 04:10 ?
(Object prefix : << Urgent >>). There is the list of all the problems and I do not think there is more than that... (excepted design etc... that I do not look after)
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

I would also appreciate a login via mail address and not username. My username is a very old mail address of mine which does not exist anymore. I wonder what happens if someone tries to register with my old mail address. :D
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

Main page in the "features" list:
Full unicode support
Unicode should be capitalized.
Namespace support for easy code reuse
I don't mean to nitpick but I feel that this is misleading. I would not compare namepspaces to modules as they lack most of the features provided by this definition in other languages. Imo, it should be:
Module scope for easy code reuse
I'm not a fan of the cityscape header and find it distracting. Have you tried using a solid color instead?

I also think that the design would benefit from some color to help break up the layout. Maybe experiment a little?

The Home / <location> part is difficult to read due to the low contrast between the <location> and the background. At least on my monitor:

Olliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Olliv »

NicTheKick wrote:I would also appreciate a login via mail address and not username. My username is a very old mail address of mine which does not exist anymore. I wonder what happens if someone tries to register with my old mail address.
I suppose you wanted to say << I would also appreciate a login via username and not mail address. >>
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

Olliv wrote:
NicTheKick wrote:I would also appreciate a login via mail address and not username. My username is a very old mail address of mine which does not exist anymore. I wonder what happens if someone tries to register with my old mail address.
I suppose you wanted to say << I would also appreciate a login via username and not mail address. >>
The e-mail used to login to download is obtained from a different form than the one used for the bulletin board registration.

While they MAY be the same address for some users, the submission and login forms link to different databases.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

NicTheQuick wrote:I would also appreciate a login via mail address and not username. My username is a very old mail address of mine which does not exist anymore. I wonder what happens if someone tries to register with my old mail address. :D
+1 :mrgreen:
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

Wording:
Can I create commercial applications with PureBasic ?
Yes. Once you get PureBasic, you can do any kind of program (freeware, shareware and even commercial applications) without have to pay any extra costs to Fantaisie Software.
The portion of the text that is emphasized in the quote with bolding and underlining, 'without have to pay any extra costs' should be changed to either 'without having to pay any additonal costs' or 'without having to pay more'.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

@Demivec, I'd suggest: "without payment of further fees or any royalties to Fantaisie Software."
Olliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Olliv »

<< ... without being forced to pay again. >>
+
<< No technological shakedown. >>
doctorized
Addict
Addict

Post by doctorized »

I visited the site without being logged in. The protocol is https but it says it is not secure. I logged in and then says it is secure. Visited Announcements and says page secured, visited the forth page of comments here and says not secured. Tried to reply, turned to secure again.