Topic reply notifications

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
chi
Addict
Addict

Topic reply notifications

Post by chi »

Hi,

since 28.06.2019 I'm not receiving any topic reply notifications. They are not in my Spam folder although the old messages are all marked as: [SPAM] Topic reply notification - "..." when I got them (but still in my Inbox). So I white-listed board(at)purebasic.fr to get rid of the [SPAM] prefix. But now I don't get any mails for about two month... Any clue?

cheers, chi
Et cetera is my worst enemy
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Topic reply notifications

Post by Bitblazer »

testreply - did you get this?

my guess would be that it is a misconfigured spam filter / av software. check all settings.

I assume you cant tell the exact date since when it happens. Consider what changed in your configuration between the last date it worked, and the first date it didnt work anymore. Often it seems to be a minor change like your AV switching versions or offering "additional security" by some add-on or optional software option.

Another likely reason is that you simply accidentially did choose the wrong option, last time you changed something with your av software.

If you cant find any reason, consider resetting the settings to factory defaults (even if you have to do an uninstall, reinstall) as ultimate last option!
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

another topic reply notification test for weekend :)
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

Thx, but nothing went through...
and I didn't change anything since 28.06.2019 except the white-list at my ISP a week ago. AV and local PC are irrelevant, because the mails don't even reach my inbox :cry:
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

chi wrote:Thx, but nothing went through...
and I didn't change anything since 28.06.2019 except the white-list at my ISP a week ago. AV and local PC are irrelevant, because the mails don't even reach my inbox :cry:
I dont know your local configuration, but what i keep seeing is that mail actually gets send, arrives at the destination system and then some AV or security add-on quietly (wrongly) thinks it is spam or malware and moves it into a seperate folder (spam, spamverdacht or others depending on installation and language). The mails arrive but never show up in the inbox anymore.

Can you verify the notification function by getting a free mail adress which is seperate from your local mail installation and definately is not affected by local software - for example a gmx or gmail mail account you can manually check with your browser?

That would be the first step for me. Another more difficult option would be to monitor traffic on the network level of your computer. To see if actually mail traffic occurs.
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Kwai chang caine »

I don't know if it's the same problem that you, but they are a time me too i not receive PB forum notifications, without do something special :shock:
After several search in spam filter or other, i change and valid two time the mail on PB forum (another and rewrite the old) and it works again 8)
In fact...like usually, i don't really understand :oops:
ImageThe happiness is a road...
Not a destination
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

@Bitblazer:
This has nothing to do with local settings or AV programs.
It's up to the mail provider. It does not even let faulty mails get close to it.
Therefore they do not appear in spam or in the normal inbox.
The forum seems to have a setting problem with its mail settings.
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

Some french ISPs limit the number of emails that can be sent automatically by applications running on servers (typically forum software)
For example: The ISP free.fr limit automatic mails to 1500 per month (for free accounts)
To ensure proper functioning, some forums admins will therefore give priority to PMs over follow-up notifications as soon as the quota is reached.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Some ISPs even block whole domains when a malware wave is just happening and is somehow connected to a site. You really have to find out if that happens first. Therefore my suggestion about testing with gmail and gmx first. Ironically you need to test with several different free email sites to be sure, as they get blocked regularly themselves ;)
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

Ok, I'm back... Got myself locked out of the forum after changing to another unsupported mail service. None of my 3 email addresses work anymore!!!

@Fred: Any chance you could fix that? (the email header or whatever's not working). It's 2019 FFS

Thanks to Bisonte and raros for helping me!