help installing Purebasic on a Mac

Mac OSX specific forum
dan yalte
User
User

help installing Purebasic on a Mac

Post by dan yalte »

tried installing pure basic 5.7 (X86-32 bit) version the mac said there was a problem opening the DMG file the file did verify before hand. it then said check with the developer to see if there are updates. The mac is about 2 years old what version of OSX do i need and what version of Xcode do i need as a mim thanks for your time...
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Re: help installing Purebasic on a Mac

Post by Shardik »

It depends on your MacOS version:
- PureBasic 5.70 needs at least MacOS 10.8.5 'Mountain Lion'
- The MacOS 10.14 SDK doesn't support anymore the compiling of 32-bit applications. So on MacOS 10.13 'High Sierra' and MacOS 10.14 'Mojave' you are only able to compile 32-bit applications with Xcode 9.4 or older.

You may also take a look into this thread.

So just install PB 5.70 x64 and you should be able to compile PureBasic source code on all MacOS versions beginning with MacOS 10.8.5 'Mountain Lion'...:wink:
dan yalte
User
User

Re: help installing Purebasic on a Mac

Post by dan yalte »

Thanks for the info The machine i was given is a older macbook took forever to find out info i needed but i have MacOS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion on it now and all is well. Apple says it will only work with 10.6.8 but after checking forums found out i can go to 10.8.5 cause my CPU is 64 bit.
apparently this model came with 2 different CPU's and i have the later one.

Also i found the newest version of Xcode i can use with 10.8.5 is 4.63 tried the command line tools and it seems to work. tied a few demo's and all is good seems to compile to an exe or in this case app just fine.

This machine is not bad has 4 gig or ram and a 500 gig HD.

Thanks for your time...