WinXP wrong character in procedure list

Post bugs related to the IDE here
PeDe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WinXP wrong character in procedure list

Post by PeDe »

PB 5.71b1 x86, Windows XP 32-bit

Under Windows XP there is a display error in the procedure list. It's in the current and older versions of PureBasic. It's just an optical problem, but it bothers me more and more.

http://peter.dreisiebner.at/pb571b1char.png

In the screenshot you can see these characters where there are no characters in the source code. With Windows 7 this problem does not exist.
The file format is UTF8 with Windows (CRLF) Newline, and tabs are used instead of spaces. It only affects comment lines with ";-..." or issues. It is independent of the font used.

If you click on the line in the editor and then click, for example, on a line below it, the error disappears. But it is displayed again when you switch to another source code and then back again.
I can display the character in Notepad, if I copy and paste a text that uses only the LF character (0x0A) for the line break. Maybe it has something to do with the line break.

Maybe someone can confirm the problem.

Peter
PeDe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: WinXP wrong character in procedure list

Post by PeDe »

It could also have something to do with the umlauts (äöü...). Each line with the character also contains at least one umlaut.

Peter
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

The TODO stuff is unusable for source files in Utf8 format. At some point it will throw the whole highlighting into a mess.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69951&hilit=TODO
sorry for my bad english
PeDe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PeDe »

Thanks Josh,
with plain text encoding there is no display error. Then I'll change the format, I only program for Windows.

Peter
PeDe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PeDe »

I have changed all the files to plain text encoding, and there is no longer the display problem. What's more, loading a project with a lot of open files is now faster. I notice that with a PIII with 450 MHz very well.

Peter
Olliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Olliv »

Thank you for this info : it is important to know this frequency.