Xcode requirement

Mac OSX specific forum
ssb
User
User

Xcode requirement

Post by ssb »

Just a simple question regarding PB on MacOS

PureBasic requires the whole Xcode or the much smaller "command line tools" package is enough?
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Re: Xcode requirement

Post by TI-994A »

ssb wrote:PureBasic requires the whole Xcode or the much smaller "command line tools" package is enough?
The whole Xcode with the command line tools.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
ssb
User
User

Post by ssb »

Thanks for the info!
I hoped I could avoid the Xcode bloat since command line tools contain macOS SDK and compiler toolchain but nevermind :)
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by wilbert »

ssb wrote:Thanks for the info!
I hoped I could avoid the Xcode bloat since command line tools contain macOS SDK and compiler toolchain but nevermind :)
If I remember correctly, at least in the past the command line tools were sufficient. :?
You could try the command line tools first and if it's not enough install XCode.
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)
ssb
User
User

Post by ssb »

Thanks wilbert, I'll give it a try after getting my new MBP.
I hope it works because I hate the idea of 10gb of bloat
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

wilbert wrote:If I remember correctly, at least in the past the command line tools were sufficient...
You're absolute correct. Just tried it with an old MacBook on El Capitan, and it works.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
ssb
User
User

Post by ssb »

TI-994A wrote:You're absolute correct. Just tried it with an old MacBook on El Capitan, and it works.
You've just made me happy! :D