Blog post !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog post !

Post by Fred »

It's almost a miracle, it will have 1 post in 2017 in the PB blog :lol: . Thanks to TI-994A for the idea and the post, happy reading !

http://www.purebasic.fr/blog/

ps: yes I will try to post some stuffs in 2018, even if it's small things.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Re: Blog post !

Post by heartbone »

That was a very nice essay.
Let's all hope for very good things to happen for everyone in 2018.
Keep it BASIC.
davido
Addict
Addict

Post by davido »

@Fred,
Very nice read, thank you.
Best wishes for the coming year.
DE AA EB
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

Great text, so true ! Happy Birthday PB !
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

Fred wrote:It's almost a miracle, it will have 1 post in 2017 in the PB blog :lol: .
Thank you, Fred. Looking forward to many more great years with PureBasic, and for us all.

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

Hey ! A new post is on the blog ! First to see, is there something to win ? :lol: https://www.purebasic.fr/blog/
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

You are 1st to post about it :wink:
I was about to post bug last week, cause the blog page certificate expired.
Yay, more blog posts on future of PureBasic. :idea:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

skywalk wrote:You are 1st to post about it :wink:
Does it mean you want me to share my forthcoming present ? Hmmmm. Ok !
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

PureBasic has continuously remained on the cutting-edge for the past twenty years, diligently incorporating new features and functions as they become available on the respective platforms, all the while keeping close to the core, to deliver the most optimized and native results.
I can not remember a time when Purebasic was on the cutting-edge. It always lacked the latest things and you had to wait for at least a year or longer to use them without importing external dynamic linked libraries and write a wrapper for them. And when we get a new library it often is only useful for a handful of things. I want to remind you of mail libraries without encryption or http libraries without custom headers and much more. I often stumble on such issues when there are new features included in the latest version of Purebasic. It always feels like the libraries are only half finished.
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

djes wrote:
No, we must have a "code off". But you will win :mrgreen:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

skywalk wrote:
djes wrote:
No, we must have a "code off". But you will win :mrgreen:
You wanna bet ? :mrgreen:
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

NicTheQuick wrote: I can not remember a time when Purebasic was on the cutting-edge. It always lacked the latest things and you had to wait for at least a year or longer to use them without importing external dynamic linked libraries and write a wrapper for them.
I have been using Purebasic since 2005. At first only with Window, then a little busy with Linux. At some point I switched from Windows to Mac.
And what remained the same? Purebasic!

It's true. A few libraries could get a better revision. For my example the Packer Library. Or a few small bugs, which we can surround with a workaround.

But we have a great community here, which fills some gaps, which are missing in Purebasic.

Thanks for nice Purebasic :wink:
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

I also absolutely love the community. <3
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
User_Russian
Addict
Addict

Post by User_Russian »

It is possible that what I wrote now sounds very rough, but I am writing the truth.
In blog https://www.purebasic.fr/blog/?p=474 full of lies and self-promotion!
The one (yes, ONE!) exception to this is PureBasic, which has strongly been forging ahead on all three of the major desktop platforms (Windows, MacOS, and Linux), growing and evolving year after year, staying relevant and on top of all the current technologies, always offering its loyal user-base the best development experience.
Dear freak (author of this blog) you know nothing about JAVA, QT and others? What is the relevance of PB? He has long lagged behind other programming environments. It does not support OOP. There is no normal form editor. The one that is built into the IDE is very inconvenient and completely abandoned. It is not relevant and does not support many new features, for example #PB_Canvas_Container.
Is the popular ARM platform supported?
PureBasic has continuously remained on the cutting-edge for the past twenty years, diligently incorporating new features and functions as they become available on the respective platforms, all the while keeping close to the core, to deliver the most optimized and native results.
Lies! OOP is? RibbonGadget, GridGadget have?
What am I writing about ... PB does not even support unsigned variables 4 and 8 bytes, as well as a floating point of 10 bytes, and this is the standard defacto in "adult" programming environments.
with the speed, size, and performance that PureBasic does. Its binaries remain highly competitive even with the likes of platform-specific compilers
Lies! The PB compiler is very far from free GCC, which optimizes the code a lot better. I compared the asm code PB and GCC. In PB, the optimization level is the same as in GCC at -O0. PB has a lot of dead code and instead of solving Fred just closed the topic.
Our collective hats off to TEAM PureBasic as we look forward to the new and exciting magic that they hold for us all.
Again self-promotion. As usual several features will be added and that's it. The current trouble testing lasted more than six months and during this time there were only 4 beta versions. I do not think that the next version has added many interesting features.
Mindphazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Mindphazer »

So, why are you still using PB then ? :|
MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro - 16 Gb - MacOS 14 - Iphone 15 Pro Max - iPad at home
...and unfortunately... Windows at work...