SQB now using quirck particles

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

SQB now using quirck particles

Post by blueznl »

SQB - playlist tool for SqueezeBox LMS server (and other .m3u programs)

Update: SQB now supports 'quirck' particles! See latest post!

I've been awfully busy with many private and work related things, so had to shelve many projects and stick to a few that I use frequently myself for private or work purposes.

This time I needed a tool to manipulate and modify playlists. I recently suffered a drive crash (one of those legendary 3 TB Seagate drives that crash just a month after warranty expired) which took out part of my music collection. It wasn't very essential, so the backup of that part was rather old, and I realized I had done much renaming and reorganizing since then. Re-editing all playlists by hand was doable but time consuming, so I cooked up a little tool... that grew... and grew... and grew...

I *was* working on something called Music Commander, and some parts of that will show up in SQB at a later stage. For now, SQB is just a tool that manipulates .m3u playlists.

Link: http://www.ninelizards.com/purebasic/pu ... 29.htm#sqb
Last edited by blueznl on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
( PB6.00 LTS Win11 x64 Asrock AB350 Pro4 Ryzen 5 3600 32GB GTX1060 6GB)
( The path to enlightenment and the PureBasic Survival Guide right here... )
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: Music Commander

Post by blueznl »

Yeah, I'm working on this... A little teaser :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJGaenA1uFU
PB
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by PB »

> Reserved

Huh?
I compile using 5.31 (x86) on Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit).
"PureBasic won't be object oriented, period" - Fred.
electrochrisso
Addict
Addict

Post by electrochrisso »

PB wrote:> Reserved

Huh?
Looks to be a Total Commander style music player.
PureBasic! Purely one of the best 8)
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

PB wrote:> Reserved

Huh?
A little space to add final description 'when all is over' or 'I gave up' :shock: :lol:
Kapslok
User
User

Post by Kapslok »

Hi,

Cool! I had Directory Opus and Filemaster on Amiga back in the days.
This really seems like 90's Filemaster/commander program?
Other plans for functions? Custom UI?
File organizing is hard business!

Cheers,
Kapslok
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

I'm not sure I am going to expand this into a full featured file commander a la Total Commander. (Which is too good to replace anyway 8) )

But I just might add some file management features, the basic kind of stuff.

Music Commander is primarily a little tool to copy (and downconvert) music from your server / music collection (in MP3 or FLAC format) and send it to your MP3 player (be it a phone, an USB stick for your car radio, etc.). It will downconvert on the fly, so those devices that cannot handle FLAC will see MP3's, and you can squeeze the quality to something that allows more music in less space, and at a quality that suits your taste / equipment / environment.

It was triggered by my wife who wanted to copy some music to her Philips Vibe GoGear MP3 player. I've looked at MusicBee, SongBird and MediaMonkey, but they're all a little to complex / capable for my specific user group :P

Work is slow though. I'm still finishing the refurbishing my house, which took way more time than expected.

A question to all: I've been playing around with Sox, but it would be nice to have access to a library instead of using an external tool for some things. (Sox works, but etc. etc. etc.) Any suggestions?
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: SQB

Post by blueznl »

Three years later a HDD crash triggered me to write a tool to check for missing files and .M3U playlists pointing to the wrong files. I never finished Music Commander but some parts just might make it into the next version of SQB...

This little tool makes some sense for people with a SqueezeBox server. To others... perhaps not that much.

Very early version, mostly for my own use. No documentation whatsoever.

Note: source included, Sox included, DLL's included. If you are outside the EU you might not be allowed to use these DLL's to convert to MP3's.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

I have a generic tool here that does this. Without S.M.A.R.T. monitoring or RAID 1 or 6 it's the next best thing.

There are also restore volume on reboot solutions to mitigate software corruption.
The truth hurts.
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

tj1010 wrote:I have a generic tool here that does this. Without S.M.A.R.T. monitoring or RAID 1 or 6 it's the next best thing.

There are also restore volume on reboot solutions to mitigate software corruption.
I am very, very confused about your reply. It seems to have nothing to do with my program... Could you please elaborate?
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

blueznl wrote:
tj1010 wrote:I have a generic tool here that does this. Without S.M.A.R.T. monitoring or RAID 1 or 6 it's the next best thing.

I am very, very confused about your reply. It seems to have nothing to do with my program... Could you please elaborate?

I made a cross-platform software level folder and drive change logger. It uses CRC32. It doesn't edit playlists though. I was referring to data loss really not playlist editing.
The truth hurts.
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

Ah! I see.

Well, actually, SQB has little no nothing to do with backing up, development was *triggered* by some data loss, but that is totally not the purpose of SQB :-)

1. IF you have lots of music AND use .M3U files AND have renamed one or more files or folders, THEN SQB helps retrieving / editing the .M3U files.

2. IF you have M3U playlists AND you want to copy / convert the playlist to a local folder ready to place it on an SD card / USB stick THEN SQB uses Sox to help you convert them.

That's all there is to it, nothing more, nothing less...
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

Update 0.05x:

- Sometimes a gadget got 'wiped' again immediately after a screen update, not sure if this fixes it
- Changed the icon (still was the temporary one, forgot to replace it)

Some old-timers may have noticed I have not been very active lately, just too busy with other things...
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

Update 0.07x:

- speed ups
- some bug fixes
- now allows exporting / converting complete folders
- now includes instructions / manual

If your car / mp3 player doesn't support playlists, or doesn't support .flac files, then this is for you.

blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

A new version of SQB and this time we are proud to announce the new and awesome mix function based upon 'quirck' particles!

From the documentation:

" With the latest release of SQB we herald the return of the legendary 'mix tape' or, in this case, 'mix list'. Thanks to a combination of our '16 band 17 insert point' dispersion shuffle algorithm, and the use of 'quirck' particles SQB can now blend two playlists and create an attractive new mixed list with a combination of overall evenly spread yet somewhat irregular distribution of song titles. Perfect for intellectually challend species such as you!

No longer do you and your lover have to suffer strictly mathematically correct but oh so boring interleaved lists, alternating between your superior taste and his / her, eh, gender defined preferences. Nor will a strict harsh randomness hurt your senses any longer. We took care of it with our new 'mix' button in the playlist section.

Note: using quirck particles is, of course, completely at your own risk. Our scientists and engineers are reasonably sure that any damage the use of quircks would cause, such as causality interference and sporadic rifts in the time and space continuum, are probably largely repairable. In time. Once we know how.

Until then, enjoy! "

Update 0.11x:

- bugfix missing files scan
- mix function with quirck particles
- added auto reload
- added some documentation
- lists playlists missing files
- added shuffle mode With dispersion And cluster suppression
- default Ansi ON, ran into some issues with UTF8 with LMS messing up playlist order and dropping first line

If your car / mp3 player doesn't support playlists, or doesn't support .flac files, or you are in desperate need to fix your painful collection of playlists, then this is for you.