It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: shared object and how to fix?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As from this topic viewtopic.php?f=23&t=66990 this is not a bug. If some one can please help to configure or make this work it would be great thanks.

I am using Arch linux which recently decided to enable PIE and SSP in gcc. What ever changes they made has also affected PureBasic so now that when I build anyting it will be flaged as "shared object" and not "executable".

I have found this example how to fix it in gcc so if some one knows how I can apply or do something similar in PureBasic it would fix this issue I think.

Code:
You should add -no-pie option to compilation command line

without :

$ gcc main.c -o main

$ file main

main:ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=46ada4e5e25fc120ca052c9beb8bfa5491fc6239, not stripped

wtih :

$ gcc main.c -o main -no-pie

$ file main

main: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=17f860c6c84fc1a5771c8744b7aaaf164c219559, not stripped

Thanks

Post subject: Re: shared object and how to fix?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:32 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Some times the answers are staring you right in the face.. then they just slap you because you didnt see it earlier :)

Anyways if any one else is having this issue this seemed to fix it for me by just adding this to the top of the code.

Code:
ImportC "-no-pie" : EndImport

Hope it helps some one else and I am happy to be able to make "executable" files again and not "shared object" files :)

Post subject: Re: shared object and how to fix?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you so much! I had the same problem.

Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: WindowsXP/Xubuntu x86 (VirtualBox) :: PureBasic (Linux: x86/x64, Windows: x86) :: All are up to date