Best Way To Search The Forum

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
buddymatkona
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Best Way To Search The Forum

Post by buddymatkona »

I have been using a Firefox extension called Search Site instead of the usual forum Search. It works with Google and does not discard any Search terms. If any new users are not sure what I am talking about, try using the PureBasic Forum Search to find "ASM" or a PB constant like "#PB_Window_ScreenCentered". I still use the old Search when I can because it has SubForum Check Boxes and other PB Forum specific options.

Does anyone use a browser add-on that can limit search to a PureBasic SubForum like General Discussion?
jesperbrannmark
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Best Way To Search The Forum

Post by jesperbrannmark »

I tend to use google and just search for "purebasic" and my searchstring. The searchfunction in the forum isnt sorting on how relevant something is - and you can not type less then 4 characters (so the important stuff like INT or VAL or END cant be searched for).
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

one way to increase the hits within a subforum is to add the subforum number to the search. For instance, enter this into google:

search "f=3"

...and you will get threads with the word "search", and most results will be in Feature Requests and Wishlists. The "f=3" part must be in quotes for google to search for it, and the number can be found in the link to the forum you want. Coding Questions is 13, Game Programming is 16, etc.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Can't remember who's script this was? ts-soft maybe?
I could search for this search script but it might be an infinite loop. :lol:
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl= ... ic%20forum &aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=1&pf=p&pdl=500&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&cad=b
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
buddymatkona
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by buddymatkona »

Thanks for the responses. I am still scratching my head over that scary looking script @ skywalk. :)
@Tenaja - that looks like exactly what I need since the Search Site extension is already configured for Google.