Using ASM

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
Vitor_Boss®
User
User

Using ASM

Post by Vitor_Boss® »

Hi, I wanna insert the ARM version of flat assembler on my app but i got an error.

http://arm.flatassembler.net/

I marked the 'Inline ASM' option.

Any Idea??
Sorry by bad English.
HP Pavilion DV6-2155DX: Intel i3-330m 2.13 / 4GB DDR3 / 500GB Sata2 HD / Display 15.6" LED / Win7 Ultimate x64 / PB 4.50 x86 demo.
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Re: Using ASM

Post by DarkDragon »

Doesn't work :-P .
bye,
Daniel
Vitor_Boss®
User
User

Post by Vitor_Boss® »

There is no way to make it work?? :cry:
Sorry by bad English.
HP Pavilion DV6-2155DX: Intel i3-330m 2.13 / 4GB DDR3 / 500GB Sata2 HD / Display 15.6" LED / Win7 Ultimate x64 / PB 4.50 x86 demo.
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Post by Thorium »

No, PureBasic does not generate ARM asm, the libs are not for ARM and not for any ARM OS API.
Vitor_Boss®
User
User

Post by Vitor_Boss® »

Thorium wrote:No, PureBasic does not generate ARM asm, the libs are not for ARM and not for any ARM OS API.
The include files have Win CE lib and examples codes.

You didn't understood, this ASM is the source code of FASARM and I wanna use it on my app like an add-on.

I found this on PB help:
Inline x86 ASM
- It's possible to pass directly an assembly line to the assembler without being processed by the compiler by using the '!' character at the line start. This allow to have a full access to the assembler directives. When using this, it's possible to reference the local variables using the notation 'p.v_variablename' for a regular variable or 'p.p_variablename' for a pointer
Now the IDE run my app without errors, but i don't understand x86 ASM and I'm searching the Main function to test it.
Sorry by bad English.
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Post by Thorium »

Vitor_Boss® wrote:
Thorium wrote:No, PureBasic does not generate ARM asm, the libs are not for ARM and not for any ARM OS API.
The include files have Win CE lib and examples codes.

You didn't understood, this ASM is the source code of FASARM and I wanna use it on my app like an add-on.

I found this on PB help:
Inline x86 ASM
- It's possible to pass directly an assembly line to the assembler without being processed by the compiler by using the '!' character at the line start. This allow to have a full access to the assembler directives. When using this, it's possible to reference the local variables using the notation 'p.v_variablename' for a regular variable or 'p.p_variablename' for a pointer
Now the IDE run my app without errors, but i don't understand x86 ASM and I'm searching the Main function to test it.
Ok, i realy dont understand what you want.

PB does not have any Win CE libs.
But if you want to use fasm arm in your app as a addon i dont see the problem. That has nothing to do with purebasic and the inline asm feature then.
Vitor_Boss®
User
User

Post by Vitor_Boss® »

Thorium wrote:PB does not have any Win CE libs.
But if you want to use fasm arm in your app as a addon i dont see the problem. That has nothing to do with purebasic and the inline asm feature then.
This souces have Win CE stuff/Lib but isn't what i want.

I want use FASMARM in my app like an addon, but to this work i need help. To compile FASMARM you must download FASM sources and FASMARM source and merge both.
Sorry by bad English.
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Post by Thorium »

Can you explain more in detail what you want? What kind of app are you writing? A ASM IDE?
And why do you need to compile it? There is a binary download right on the official website: http://arm.flatassembler.net/

And what libs are you talking about?

I have the feeling you mix some things together that dont belong together. Please more details.
Vitor_Boss®
User
User

Post by Vitor_Boss® »

THIS is the VB6 version of my app, that manipulate the firmware file from Sony Ericsson phones to port patches. I'm learning PB programming last 3 months to make it more faster and accurate. Most porters make a manual patch porting, some use my app to minimize the time used to port, soon every patch porter will use this app, cause it will be an All-in-One tool.

My plan is add the FASMARM compiler to my tools tab.
I have IDA v5.5 and Hex-Rays x86 decompiler v1.1, I'm decompiling the FASMARM in C++ code with that tools, this will help me to understand how it works and use the generated source in my app.
Sorry by bad English.
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Post by Thorium »

Vitor_Boss® wrote: My plan is add the FASMARM compiler to my tools tab.
I have IDA v5.5 and Hex-Rays x86 decompiler v1.1, I'm decompiling the FASMARM in C++ code with that tools, this will help me to understand how it works and use the generated source in my app.
Wouldnt it be easier to write your own assembler from scratch instead of reverse engineer FASM?
However you dont need any inline asm at all for that.