WebGadget & libgtkembedmoz?

Linux specific forum
Vera
Addict
Addict

Re: WebGadget & libgtkembedmoz?

Post by Vera »

Hello,

because of a current question about the WebGadget I found that I too miss the libgtkembedmoz.so totally on my system. It's Suse 11.1 / FF 3.0 and so the above given hints won't help.

I've searched long but couldn't find this lib. I did find a page where you can search for pakages including certain files (http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/2/simple/2 ), but wouldn't know which one to install. I've tried NVU but the installation was aborted twice and I don't want to mess around here. (should I install XULRunner 1.8.1 although version 1.9 is on the system alright? )

Does anybody know how to get hold of this lib and install it?

greetings ~ Vera
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

Vera wrote:It's Suse 11.1 / FF 3.0 and so the above given hints won't help.
Have you tried my link I already posted in this thread in response to ts-soft's posting?
There I report for OpenSuse 11.1 that installing the old package mozilla-xulrunner-181
in addition to the 1.9.x package solves this problem and tmjuk even confirmed that my
solution worked for him...
gedumer
User
User

Post by gedumer »

Shardik wrote:
Vera wrote:It's Suse 11.1 / FF 3.0 and so the above given hints won't help.
Have you tried my link I already posted in this thread in response to ts-soft's posting?
There I report for OpenSuse 11.1 that installing the old package mozilla-xulrunner-181
in addition to the 1.9.x package solves this problem and tmjuk even confirmed that my
solution worked for him...
See... this is a lingering problem. It's not going to go away until the developers address it directly as I stated above. It's NOT an Ubuntu 10.04 problem. It's an issue for every new Linux installation that does not already have the old libraries in place. They no longer exist.
Vera
Addict
Addict

Post by Vera »

Hello Shardik,

thanks for your further hints. I didn't realise those links concerned Suse.
Well, I read all 3 threads several times and followed the offering by tmjuk with his zipped xulrunner-version - but it doesn't work (neither with 4.50, 4.41 nor 4.31). I also tried long time if other paths for 'MozillaPfad$' would be needed and also in combination with local html-files.

So two options are left over:
1 - this libgtkembedmoz.so won't work together with FF 3.01
2 - it may work if xulrunner is installed properly

well, and there again I wouldn't know which out of maybe 20 (1.8.1) versions I can find here* I should choose.
Could you please recommend one to me or even another place to find one.

* http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=3& ... &field[]=2

greetings ~ Vera
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

Hello Vera,

did you try to start Yast2 and then to choose "Software installieren oder löschen" (Install or delete software)?
Then in the search field enter "xulrunner" and all available xulrunner packages should be listed. I simply made
a check mark in front of "mozilla-xulrunner181" (mozilla-xulrunner190 was already selected) and installed this
package. My OpenSuse 11.1 installation was out of the box without defining additional package sources than
those predefined. My source code example from the above link works like a charme. I just tested it again with
PB 4.41...
Vera
Addict
Addict

Post by Vera »

Dear Shardik,
thanks - SUCCESS Image

I didn't know it can be that easy via Yast if you know what to search for - and this way it's much trustworthier than to grab something for the wide net.

After installing (XULRunner 1.8.1.19 & dev-edition) your above posted code worked straight away. For both online and local html. In my case too both WebGadgetPath parameters are needed otherwise the html wouldn't show.

small tip: CreateGadgetList() will be alarmed as deprecated ;)

thanks again - and now I can answer tmjuks question as well - he's already waiting for 10 months :wink:

cheers ~ Vera
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

Dear Vera,

I am glad it finally worked for you. :)
Vera wrote:small tip: CreateGadgetList() will be alarmed as deprecated ;)
It seems that you tried my older example for OpenSuse 11.0 because my code example in
the linked posting for OpenSuse 11.1 didn't contain the CreateGadgetList() anymore... :wink:
Shardik wrote:Danach funktioniert mein in einem früheren Thread schon einmal für OpenSUSE 11.0
gezeigtes Beispiel ohne Änderung (Na gut, ich habe das dort noch enthaltene
CreateGadgetList() entfernt :wink:):
sirrab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by sirrab »

Coolman wrote:In this case, it must force the installation packages using the karmic:

download the following packages:

libmozjs0d_1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
libxul-common_1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1_all.deb
libxul0d_1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1_i386.deb

Type the following commands:

sudo dpkg -i libxul-common_1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i libmozjs0d_1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i libxul0d_1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1_i386.deb

I just tested and it works very well in ubuntu 10.04...

8)
Thanks for that !!! all working here now :D
Lifar
New User
New User

Post by Lifar »

Hello. I'm working on openSUSE 11.3 and cannot find any correct libgtkembedmoz.so to use webgadget... I tried different packages (komposer, seamonkey, thunderbird etc), but it still not works. What package still contain correct lib? Does anybody know?
Sorry for my English)
Vera
Addict
Addict

Post by Vera »

Hello Lifar,

Wellcome on board :)

oh - I also had several trials before I got it working. Like I wrote above I had to use YAST2 to install XULRunner 1.8.1.19 & dev-edition (don't miss to check dev-edition as well).

And afterwards you need to apply the path 2 times, like Shardik found out:
WebGadgetPath("/usr/lib/xulrunner/libgtkembedmoz.so", "/usr/lib/xulrunner")
see here

I hope this works for you as well.

greetings ~ Vera
Lifar
New User
New User

Post by Lifar »

Thanks! But there is no xulrunner-1.8.1 package... I've found it only in openSuse Build Service. Now example is running properly. Problem solved.