PureFORM 1.99 (yet another FORM designer)

All PureFORM, JaPBe, Libs and useful code maintained by gnozal

Moderator: gnozal

techjunkie
Addict
Addict

Post by techjunkie »

Great tool! Keep up the good work! :D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
ts-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by ts-soft »

---------------------------
[ERROR]
PureFORM has crashed [Error = C0000005]
The current project may be saved as

Eine Datei kann nicht erstellt werden, wenn sie bereits vorhanden ist.

OK
Crashes if completecode with image in imagegadget
Only if Include Image as Hexdata is enabled
PureBasic 5.73 | SpiderBasic 2.30 | Windows 10 Pro (x64) | Linux Mint 20.1 (x64)
Old bugs good, new bugs bad! Updates are evil: might fix old bugs and introduce no new ones.
Berikco
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Berikco »

Hey, very nice :o

But why start another Visual Designer? Maybe you can help me with the official VD4 ? :wink:

Edit: nice icons :wink:
Trond
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Trond »

Upon starting I noticed a small usability flaw: You give the user an error from the OS. No error at all was actually necessary.

When I check the size gadget checkbox for the window the border gets "sizable", but the window can't be resized. I was also able to make the window look non-sizable with the size gadget checkbox checked by double-clicking it.

The title bar checkbox is initially unchecked, but the window does initially have a title bar.

The borderless flag does not work.

It's a bit illogical that you can select background colour when PureCOLOR is disabled. Since PB 4 has native support for this I would supposed it would still work since it was enabled.

Simply clicking in the Enum text field in Gadget properties makes a box with incorrect value pop up. Since I didn't type an incorrect value, don't punish me for it.

You can't select no gadgets.

It's impossible to use PureCOLOR for gadgets. The same applies to font selection.

When you are asked for confirmation to delete a gadget, the glyph in the message box should be a question mark and not a warning sign, since it is a question. Also the text in that box says "Gagdet".

When you try to move a calendar gadget the click event goes to the calendar. The same for a combobox, it drops down and up when moved. And date gadget arrow.

Create a container gadget. Create a gadget inside it. Grab the child gadget by the centre and move it as far into the top-left corner as possible. It will now be impossible to move it back, grabbing it will move the container gadget.

The file combobo, file tree and explorerlist sticks to the mouse when you try to move it. And scrollbar.

Remove menu doesn't work when the menu is edited.

Sometimes the resizing arrow doesn't appear.

Sometimes "resizing" a gadget moves it.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Kiffi wrote:hello gnozal,

here is a small bug while importing an existent project ('Translate from source'):
PureFORM wrote:Code import error!

Line 68: If OpenWindow(#frmMain, #PB_Ignore, #PB_Ignore, 300, 300, "test", #PB_Window_ScreenCentered | #PB_Window_SystemMenu)

Window coordinate not an integer
I think, you can't parse the #PB_Ignore - Constant, right?

Greetings ... Kiffi
Yes !
The coordinates must be integers, not constants (#PB_Ignore or else) nor variables.
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

ts-soft wrote:
[ERROR]
PureFORM has crashed [Error = C0000005]
The current project may be saved as

Eine Datei kann nicht erstellt werden, wenn sie bereits vorhanden ist.

OK
Crashes if completecode with image in imagegadget
Only if Include Image as Hexdata is enabled
Works here.
Could you post the project (Edit\Copy project to clipboard), and maybe a link to the image ?
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Thanks for your remarks Trond.
Trond wrote:Upon starting I noticed a small usability flaw: You give the user an error from the OS. No error at all was actually necessary.
Fixed
Trond wrote:When I check the size gadget checkbox for the window the border gets "sizable", but the window can't be resized. I was also able to make the window look non-sizable with the size gadget checkbox checked by double-clicking it.
About the flag check boxes (applies to window and gadget) : I do not check if checked flags are mutually exclusive or compatible, I trust the user.
When I check the 'Size gadget', I can resize the window (but yes, the mouse cursor doesn't change).
Trond wrote:The title bar checkbox is initially unchecked, but the window does initially have a title bar.
Fixed
Trond wrote:The borderless flag does not work.
No preview for this flag, yes.
Trond wrote:It's a bit illogical that you can select background colour when PureCOLOR is disabled. Since PB 4 has native support for this I would supposed it would still work since it was enabled.
PureFORM uses PureCOLOR to show the color preview (it does not need to be enabled). If it is enabled, the gadget is colored and the generated code uses PureCOLOR functions.
Trond wrote:Simply clicking in the Enum text field in Gadget properties makes a box with incorrect value pop up. Since I didn't type an incorrect value, don't punish me for it.
Fixed
Trond wrote:You can't select no gadgets.
Works here ?!
Trond wrote:It's impossible to use PureCOLOR for gadgets. The same applies to font selection.
Works here ?!
Trond wrote:When you are asked for confirmation to delete a gadget, the glyph in the message box should be a question mark and not a warning sign, since it is a question. Also the text in that box says "Gagdet".
Fixed
Trond wrote:When you try to move a calendar gadget the click event goes to the calendar. The same for a combobox, it drops down and up when moved. And date gadget arrow.
About selection : you have to click and wait until the frame becomes red. Then you can move / resize.
Trond wrote:Create a container gadget. Create a gadget inside it. Grab the child gadget by the centre and move it as far into the top-left corner as possible. It will now be impossible to move it back, grabbing it will move the container gadget.
Why would you do that ? You can still move the gadget via the spingadgets in 'Gadget properties'.
Trond wrote:The file combobo, file tree and explorerlist sticks to the mouse when you try to move it. And scrollbar.
Yes : see my first post. "Known problems : drag/resize : some gadgets need a right-click or escape to cancel drag/resize mode". You can still move / resize them but you need to right/click or escape to end.
Trond wrote:Remove menu doesn't work when the menu is edited.
Yes, by design. The menu editing window is 'modal'
Trond wrote:Sometimes the resizing arrow doesn't appear.
Sorry. The cursor changes are not perfect.
Trond wrote:Sometimes "resizing" a gadget moves it.
I would like an example if you can provide it. It moves or resizes according to the cursor shape.

Remark : a selected gadget has a blue frame ; a captured gadget (for resize/ move) a red frame. You can set the delay between selection and capture in the preferences.

Fixed : means fixed for the next release
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Berikco wrote:Hey, very nice :o
You are very kind
Berikco wrote:But why start another Visual Designer?
Just for fun (complete history in post #12).
Berikco wrote: Maybe you can help me with the official VD4 ? :wink:
I fear I am not good enough.
Berikco wrote:Edit: nice icons :wink:
Aren't they ? :D
Berikco
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Berikco »

gnozal wrote:
Now, don't be so shy, everybody here knows you are an expert PB coder! :D
Rings

Post by Rings »

Berikco wrote:
gnozal wrote:
but he's french and not enough 'italien' to understand
your spagetthi-code ;)

muaah, Rings's dumb jokes again......
SPAMINATOR NR.1
Trond
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Trond »

gnozal wrote:
Works here ?!
Are you sure? Make exactly one button and try to deselect it.
gnozal wrote:
Trond wrote:It's impossible to use PureCOLOR for gadgets. The same applies to font selection.
Works here ?!
I just saw that those checkboxes are read-only (but not disabled) when they are not checked (even though I have selected a color). They really shouldn't be like that. Changing the font does not make any difference in the designer.
gnozal wrote:
I would like an example if you can provide it. It moves or resizes according to the cursor shape.
I can't reproduce it again.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Trond wrote:
gnozal wrote:
Works here ?!
Are you sure? Make exactly one button and try to deselect it.
Hit Escape :wink: (or go to Preview mode) Sorry, no help file, I apologize.
Trond wrote:
gnozal wrote:
Works here ?!
I just saw that those checkboxes are read-only (but not disabled) when they are not checked (even though I have selected a color). They really shouldn't be like that. Changing the font does not make any difference in the designer.
If you choose a font you have to check 'Enable' to apply the new font in the designer. Works here. You can't check 'Enable' if you haven't chosen some font first with the '...' button.
Trond wrote:
gnozal wrote:
I can't reproduce it again.
Ok
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Berikco wrote:
gnozal wrote:
Look at my avatar, no expert here :twisted:
I meant I am not a professional coder, it's just a hobby. When a code works I don't look further to optimize it as long as it runs fine on my old PII-300MHz. But I must admit I am addicted to PB.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Update
- some fixes
- you can now move/resize the selected gadget with the arrow keys (+ CTRL to resize), if the parent window has focus.
- add 'Set properties' to gadget context menu : selects the gadget in the 'Gadget properties' window (and opens it if closed).
Trond
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Trond »

gnozal wrote:
Trond wrote:
gnozal wrote:
Works here ?!
If you choose a font you have to check 'Enable' to apply the new font in the designer. Works here. You can't check 'Enable' if you haven't chosen some font first with the '...' button.
It works now but I swear it didn't work when I posted that. I tried a lot of fonts and checked the checkbox on off a lot as well.