InfoSkin1.0 - OpenSource Theme Engine for PB4

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

InfoSkin1.0 - OpenSource Theme Engine for PB4

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

InfoSkin is a small and fast skin engine for your PureBasic4 applications. I decided to release it under LGPL license so all coders can contribute to make it better. If you have ideas, suggestions, etc, download a copy and modify it then feel free to post the source code here if you want. I am still a noob and I don't know if I can add too many gadgets without your help... If you use it, credits would be cool, but you're not forced to do that.

Special thanks to Netmaestro for helping me with the transparent image drawing and thefool for the example tweak.

The download package contains the include file, a simple example and a region maker to skin your windows. Hope you like it. Current supported gadgets are buttons, checkboxes and progressbars.

Download
Size: 23.9 KB
MD5: BBEC4BE41059A72511C81628E3799F08
http://www.bytessence.com/download/temp/InfoSkin.zip

[Update 1]

Fixed the event handling bug.

[Update 2]

Now it uses Linked lists to minimize the memory consumption (Thx Konne).
Added new ProgressBar infogadget and manipulation functions.
Updated the example.

[Update 3]

Found and fixed a bug in the InfoSkinSetProgressBarState() wich was consuming memory [!] Please download it again if you are using it [!]
Updated the example (thanks thefool)
Last edited by Inf0Byt3 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. (Goethe)
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Post by thefool »

Looks cool!!
dracflamloc
Addict
Addict

Post by dracflamloc »

Cool. I don't typically us this kind of stuff but it looks great for people who do.
josku_x
Addict
Addict

Post by josku_x »

Found a bug :shock:

Open up the example, then click somewhere in the example window (but not in the title bar) after that, move the mouse over the check box, and it will get checked even if you don't click on it.

It's still very nice though.
rsts
Addict
Addict

Post by rsts »

Pretty slick.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Confirmed the bug reported by joshku_x. Similar behaviour for the button as well!
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

Thanks for the feedback :). I'm looking forward to transform this to fit our 'modernism' needs. I'm glad you like it.

About the bug, i'll fix it as soon as I get home :). Thanks.

[Edit]
Yes, that's right, it's a bug in the event handling procedure. This should be simple to fix... (i hope).
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. (Goethe)
Konne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Konne »

Dim InfoSkinGadgets.InfoGadget(99999)

This is pretty bad u should use liked lists.
Apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how was the show?
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

Oops! Ok, i'm gonna change that :)
Amundo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Amundo »

rsts wrote:Pretty slick.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers
Yes, very slick. Thanks Inf0Byt3.

Is this Win2K/WinXP only, with the translucency?
Win8.1, PB5.x, okayish CPU, onboard video card, fuzzy monitor (or is that my eyesight?)
"When the facts change, I change my mind" - John Maynard Keynes
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

Unfortunately yes, the transparency works only under a 2K/XP machine. Any ideas how to make this work for w98 too?
Amundo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Amundo »

Inf0Byt3 wrote:Any ideas how to make this work for w98 too?
At the risk of being laughed off the board, I'd hazard a guess you'd need to create your own gadgets and/or subclass the existing ones :?:
Win8.1, PB5.x, okayish CPU, onboard video card, fuzzy monitor (or is that my eyesight?)
"When the facts change, I change my mind" - John Maynard Keynes
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

That's true, but this are really custom gadgets... It's a bit hard to accomplish that i think. BTW, I updated the code. I fixed that darn bug in it but took me 2 hours to find it. Guess what: It wasn't my code who made that error it was this line:

Code: Select all

IF GetAsyncKeyState_(#VK_LBUTTON+GetSystemMetrics_(#SM_SWAPBUTTON))
It was returning 'pressed' even if you clicked outside a infogadget. Anyway, now I replaced it with this:

Code: Select all

If GetAsyncKeyState_(#VK_LBUTTON) = -32767
And it works perfectly. Any new gadget ideas are welcome and thanks for the feedback :). Check the main post for the link.
josku_x
Addict
Addict

Post by josku_x »

Works like a charm, thanks for sharing. BTW, try to make a custom listview infogadget. After that you can do a combobox as it's easy to do if you have the sources of a listview.. after that add some more complex things and you have a treeview infogadget.
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

Thanks.
Remember we wanted to build something like this some time ago? Let's improve this one, add new gadgets, etc. What do you say?