Help needed - Programmer for flood victims

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
PureLust
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Help needed - Programmer for flood victims

Post by PureLust »

Hi folks,

some of you might have heard about the catastrophic flood in the formerly beautiful Ahr valley on 14. to 15. July here in Germany.
Right now, the 'official' helpers (Army, ReadCross, ...) are nearly gone and so help in now completely organized by private Aid Organisations and their thousands of unsalaried private helpers.

And to support these private Aid Organisations I'm looking for help from one or more Programmers which have experience in Web-based applications and maybe App-development.

So far, most of these Aid Organisations organize themselves with website portals which are gobbled together, self tinkered Excel-Sheets or even just notes on paper.

Because I'm one of these thousands of private helpers on site, I'm in contact with the leaders from one of the private AID Organisations called Dachzeltnomaden. We deliver food, core and dry out flooded houses, etc.. Follow them on Instagram or Facebook.

I had a discussion with Thilo and Dennis from Dachzeltnomaden to find out, what kind of software could make the life of these Aid Organisations easier and their Work more efficient.

Because I'm more like a Windows Application-Programmer, I'm not good enough in Web based applications or App-Development, to develop a good and stable enough solution in the given short period of time

So, that's why I'm looking for one ore more Programmers, which are willing to sacrifice their time, to help on developing an working solution to support these Aid Organisations.

If you are interested in doing so ... please contact me via PM.
Further Communication will be done by Discord, Telegram or Phone.

Eventhough the flood happened more than 11 Weeks ago, it's still hard to believe all the destruction on site. I've made some Picture few days ago:.
Apart from the hundreds of houses which were directly destroyed by the flood and already have been demolished, there are even more houses with no Windows, no Doors where the residents still try to life and survive in the upper floors. Most of them without working heaters. If Winter is coming and the aid organisations are not able to protect theses houses against the frost, the frost might destroy most of these houses as well.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Because the Aid organisations get support from all over the world, you may want to support as well - and ANY kind support is hardly welcome.
You can help by money donations or donations in kind like Amazon-Wischlist ... or if you can afford it, become a helping supporter on site !!!

If you think about helping on site, anything will be ready for you !!! You will get to eat and drink as much you want, a place to sleep as well as Health-Insurance and tools and protective equipment are ready to use. And after the hard work, there is a fresh and cooled German beer waiting for you (or two, or three, ...) !!! :mrgreen:

The the experience you will make, being a member of this great helping community and the gratitude you will receive from the victims, coming deep from their hearts ... IS PRICELESS ... and will change you for ever !!!
[Dynamic-Dialogs] - create complex GUIs the easy way
[DeFlicker] - easily deflicker your resizeable Windows
[WinFX] - Window Effects (incl. 'click-through' Window)