New forum software and tapa talk

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New forum software and tapa talk

Post by Kurzer »

Hello,
I don't want to be a pain, but my question seems to have been lost in the thread about the new forum software.
Am I the only one who would like to use the forum again via Tapa Talk app on the smartphone after the changeover?

The new skins of the forum do not help me, because I want to display it in dark mode on the smartphone and in a light mode on the PC.

It would be nice if Fred could make a statement on this so that I don't have to keep checking whether the forums have been registered in Tapa talk in the meantime. Then I would prefer a concrete statement if the forums no longer support Tapa Talk in the future.

Greetings
Kurzer
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2023: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New forum software and tapa talk

Post by Fred »

The new forums are new properly readable from smartphones so it doesn't need a specific plugin like Tapatalk anymore. The old forums had a lot of custom plugins and it was really a mess to upgrade. I will try to not install any third party plugin anymore.
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

This is good news, Fred--and I've noticed and appreciated the new phone compatibility. I refused to install an app like Tapatalk.

I used to use osCommerce, a shopping cart that used manually installed plugins. Maintenance and upgrades were a nightmare. Now, I use WordPress & woo, which have code-free (no modifications required) plug-in installation through the admin panel.

I hope your forum has plugins installed through the admin panel, without file modification, also. The benefits are enormous.
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Kurzer »

Fred wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:24 pm The new forums are new properly readable from smartphones so it doesn't need a specific plugin like Tapatalk anymore. The old forums had a lot of custom plugins and it was really a mess to upgrade. I will try to not install any third party plugin anymore.
Thanks for your answer, Fred. I accept your decision.
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2023: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"