Purebasic version - (5.46 vs LTS 5.73)

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Nuno
New User
New User

Purebasic version - (5.46 vs LTS 5.73)

Post by Nuno »

Hello all.

I'm new using purebasic so probably there is some kind of easy and simple solution for this but unfortunetly I could not find it.
The problem is there in my company there were some old pb scripts that were delivered to me and I have now to update them. Unfortunetly when I compile them (DLL) and try to execute them in my usual apps they do not work...
I asked my colleague that built this scipts a thinks, can you compile them and the same script compiled by me or by him has two different behavirous on my machine...
He's using the 5.46 while I've got the new (new licence) LTS 5.73.

What can I do to start editing quickly my code?
I already contacted the support and asked for the 5.46 version in order to install it on my machine but despite saying that I've got very low timmings to deliver my project I got no answer...

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Nuno
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re: Purebasic version - (5.46 vs LTS 5.73)

Post by BarryG »

Log into your PureBasic account at http://www.purebasic.com and scroll down and click the "Museum" link. Then all previous versions (like 5.46) are there for you to download and install. You can literally get it within 5 minutes of reading this post. There's no need to contact anyone.
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

Maybe it is a string coding problem. ASCII - Unicode

Since 5.50 PB is unicode only. You have to use the correponding procedures to convert strings.
So if your 5.46 mode is/was ASCII, than you need to convert the strings.
Nuno
New User
New User

Post by Nuno »

Hello all.

First of all thanks for your fast/ultrafast feedback!!
I took the first advice and found out that I had access to the old Purebasic versions (incredible how I never found out that this was already available...).

Thanks also because I will try out to upgrade it again and now that you mentioned changes on the string side I will took that in account to make the upgrade...

Thanks in advance
Best Regards