PureBasic Forum
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/

Console debugger + debugged executable quit unexpectedly
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74121
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jacky [ Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Console debugger + debugged executable quit unexpectedly

Hi,

something weird has happened, whenever I want to run some code in the IDE,
the console debugger is used instead of the integrated IDE debugger.

Additionally when I run the code I get a message requester shortly after
it's finished, telling me that:
Quote:
The debugged executable quit unexpectedly


The executable format is: Windows, All CPU
and the Compile/Run tab uses "[x] Enable Debugger"
but NOT "[ ] Use selected Debugger" and the greyed out entry in it
is still "Integrated IDE debugger".

I've redownloaded both x86 and x64 5.71 versions and copied all files over again
but the issue is still there.

Any ideas?

Author:  blueb [ Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Console debugger + debugged executable quit unexpectedly

A possibility..
Quit your anti-virus program and try again... I've seen Kaspersky exhibit this once and a while. :idea:

Author:  jacky [ Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Console debugger + debugged executable quit unexpectedly

Thanks blueb, but unfortunately this isn't the issue. Windows Defender is switched off completely and there aren't any other antivirus solutions active

Author:  jacky [ Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Console debugger + debugged executable quit unexpectedly

I've found the issue but I don't know how to get rid of it...

In the compiler options for the current project, tab "Version Info"
I'm using "[x] Include Version Information"

Once I disable this (and the stuff that uses these variables
inside the project), I'll get back the integrated debugger.

From the .pbp config file:
Code:
      <versioninfo enable="1">
        <field0 value="1,0,0,%BUILDCOUNT"/>
        <field1 value="1,0,0,%BUILDCOUNT"/>
        <field2 value="<part 1> &amp; <part 2>"/>
        <field3 value="&lt;Base application name&gt;"/>
        <field4 value="1.0.0.%BUILDCOUNT"/>
        <field5 value="1.0.0.%BUILDCOUNT"/>
        <field6 value="&lt;Base application name&gt;"/>
        <field7 value="%SOURCE"/>
        <field8 value="%EXECUTABLE"/>
        <field9 value="Copyright %yyyy <part 1> &amp; <part 2>"/>
        <field15 value="VOS_NT"/>
        <field16 value="VFT_APP"/>
      </versioninfo>

I don't know why these values pose any problems...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/