PureBasic was my best Purchase of 2018!

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Martin Verlaan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PureBasic was my best Purchase of 2018!

Post by Martin Verlaan »

I am really happy that I discovered and purchased Purebasic this year. Thanks to PureBasic, I did not have to get bored.

I really like the language (easy and fast) and although I have many years experience with programming (PHP and other BASIC dialects) I've learned some new things about pointers, modules, GUI programming etc.

Finally I could turn an idea (that I had in my mind for 10 years) into a working program. And I'm still working on it almost every day (improvements and bugs...bugs...bugs... :evil: ).

I also made a short trip to C but I find it very hard to use the libraries (GTK, nCurses, etc). Purebasic is much easier. So thank you Fred and team for giving me back so much fun with programming :mrgreen: And also thanks to the forum people that took the time to answer my questions and wrote example codes!
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Re: PureBasic was my best Purchase of 2018!

Post by idle »

It's much easier than c and as far as languages and IDE's go, it couldn't get much easier.
Windows 11, Manjaro, Raspberry Pi OS
Lunasole
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic was my best Purchase of 2018!

Post by Lunasole »

Martin Verlaan wrote: Finally I could turn an idea (that I had in my mind for 10 years) into a working program. And I'm still working on it almost every day (improvements and bugs...bugs...bugs... :evil: ).
Hah, that's a cool feeling. Good luck with your stuff^^
"W̷i̷s̷h̷i̷n̷g o̷n a s̷t̷a̷r"