Developed Window larger if compiled into executable

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
C87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Developed Window larger if compiled into executable

Post by C87 »

Hello, If I create a window and run it, when it is compiled into an executable it is much larger. One screen developed was fine with X=1680 & Y=880 but when compiled into an exe was so large huge sections simply couldn't be seen on a screen res of 1920x1080.

As a for-instance, an example is :
A screen set to Xsize as 1024 and Ysize as 768 measures 250mmx200mm on the screen.
The same if compiled into an EXE measures 310mm x 245mm, an increase close to 25%.

I am using PureB 5.62, x64 on Win10 64bit

Why would this be?

Many thanks, C87
If it's falling over......just remember the computer is never wrong!
fryquez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Developed Window larger if compiled into executable

Post by fryquez »

How is the DPI settings for both screens?
I would say 1 is at 100% an the other is set to be 125%, so this increase of 25% is should be normal.
C87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by C87 »

Hi fryquez, It is the same PC, with just one screen in use, that I am using for developing and running the EXE. I'm getting near to finishing the application and thought I'd create an EXE, see what size it was on the disk and how it ran.

C87
C87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by C87 »

Leaving the screen size at default when creating a screen with Form Designer and using Compile/Run gives me a compiled diagonal size of 180mm. This is from the standard default form size created with a diagonal of 230mm. If I compile that same default form into an EXE then it's diagonal increases to 230mm, the original default size in Form Designer.

It does appear that the Compile/Run command doesn't result in the same screen size as the Compile command does. As I don't use the Form Designer it is somewhat annoying that I have to guess the reduction of everything on-screen and then create an executable to test it. It is difficult enough having to create a screen with nearly 30 fields, a ListIconGadget and five buttons, without having to set it all out at a 25% reduction in size. Why can't the Compile/Run used during development and the Compile (to exe) not give the exact same screen size?

There doesn't seem to be a setting in Tools or Preferences which could affect this.

C87
C87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by C87 »

fryquez pointed towards the cause.

I have a screen set to 1920x1080 and the Scale set to 125% for general and internet use.
If I set a Window screen size to 1680x880 there is an ample space around the window with Compile/Run, used in development, as it appears to totally ignore the Scale setting.

When compiled with Create Executable the screen recognises the Scale setting and increases it in size to suit.
In order to end up with a screen that fits the screen with the Scale at 125% I have to develop it at 1480x780. Of course I could develop at 100% but find the text too small.

It would be helpful if the Compile/Run recognised the Scale setting.

C87
C87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by C87 »

This issue has been fixed in v5.70 using the DPI Aware settings.

All the best for he New Year to everyone involved
Cheers from C87 :)