Compiling Questions

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Compiling Questions

Post by vwidmer »

1. Is it possible to run a script (bash) automatically after "Create Executable"?

2. Can I work on a program in the PB IDE on one computer but when I compile it have it compiled on another?

Thanks
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing! I just put stuff here and there and sometimes like magic it works. So please improve on my code and post your changes so I can learn more. TIA
bbanelli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Compiling Questions

Post by bbanelli »

vwidmer wrote:1. Is it possible to run a script (bash) automatically after "Create Executable"?
Tools -> Configure Tools.
"If you lie to the compiler, it will get its revenge."
Henry Spencer
https://www.pci-z.com/
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by vwidmer »

Ok thanks for that.. I never checked that out. :)
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing! I just put stuff here and there and sometimes like magic it works. So please improve on my code and post your changes so I can learn more. TIA
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

vwidmer wrote:2. Can I work on a program in the PB IDE on one computer but when I compile it have it compiled on another?
Yes. Code written on a PC could even be compiled on a Mac, and vice versa, so long as the platform-specific conditions (if any) are properly handled; and all external resources (eg. files, images, sounds, etc.) are also ported along.

But, code compiled on a PC would only run on PCs, and code compiled on a Mac would only run on Macs. Cross-compilation is not possible.

The same conditions apply to Linux as well, of course.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by vwidmer »

@TI-994A: Yes, I think maybe I need to clarify my question.

Yes lets say I have a cross platform code and I am working on my linux desktop I compile it works good now I want to compile it on the osx system. Is there way to compile it from my linux PB IDE remotely over ssh or some other way?

Thanks
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

vwidmer wrote:...lets say I have a cross platform code and I am working on my linux desktop I compile it works good now I want to compile it on the osx system. Is there way to compile it from my linux PB IDE remotely over ssh or some other way?
Not directly from within the PureBasic IDE. But through the use of remote desktops and cloud storage, it should be quite doable.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D