OpenSuse 42.3 cannot find libgtk-3-dev

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
swhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OpenSuse 42.3 cannot find libgtk-3-dev

Post by swhite »

Hi

When I run the PB v 5.62 checkinstall.sh on OpenSuse 42.3 it always reports that gtk+-3.0 is not found and suggest adding the directory containing "gtk+-3.0.pc" to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable. If I run sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev it reports that libgtk-3-devel not found in package names and then it reports that no provider of libgtk3-devel found.

Does anyone know how to fix this? In the meantime I just used the "gtk2" as the library subsystem in the compiler settings.

Thanks,
Simon
Simon White
dCipher Computing
Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: OpenSuse 42.3 cannot find libgtk-3-dev

Post by Sicro »

I don't have OpenSUSE in use, but I think, this works:
  1. Go to this site: https://software.opensuse.org/package/g ... ?locale=en
  2. The window "Search settings" opens. Look for "Distribution" and choose "openSUSE Leap 42.3"
  3. Set the checkbox "Show development packages"
  4. Click "Direct Install"
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version
Zebuddi123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Zebuddi123 »

Hi @sirco that url does not seem to work. but this does at least on windows chrome https://software.opensuse.org/package/libgtk-3-0

zebuddi.
malleo, caput, bang. Ego, comprehendunt in tempore
swhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by swhite »

Hi

Did the installation but I still get the same message. It appears that the file "gtk+-3.0.pc" cannot be found anywhere on the workstation.

Thanks,
Simon
Simon White
dCipher Computing
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

swhite wrote: If I run sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev it reports that libgtk-3-devel not found in package names and then it reports that no provider of libgtk3-devel found.
apt-get only works on Linux distributions that utilize the Debian package format (Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives and many more). But OpenSuSE is utilizing the Red Hat Package Manager format (RPM). On OpenSuSE you have to use the graphical Yast software manager or the command line tool Zypper.

If you need the 64 bit package of gtk3-devel you may click onto this link, scroll down to "openSUSE leap 42.3" and install the package by clicking onto "1 Click Install" or onto "Download" and selecting "64 bit" to download the RPM package and install it with Yast or Zypper.
swhite wrote:Did the installation but I still get the same message.
Zebuddi123's link points to the standard version of GTK3. But you have to install the developer version of GTK3 otherwise the error message won't disappear!
swhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by swhite »

Thank-you that worked.

Simon
Simon White
dCipher Computing