Free PB file and web hosting.

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Free PB file and web hosting.

Post by vwidmer »

I have been hosting for over 15yrs and would like to offer free hosting for your open source PB programs, source, libraries etc. If you need web or just to host a file drop me a message.

Its getting tiring clicking on the links on this forum only to be taken to a dead link.

Hope this is posted in the correct area.

Thanks
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing! I just put stuff here and there and sometimes like magic it works. So please improve on my code and post your changes so I can learn more. TIA
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Re: Free PB file and web hosting.

Post by skywalk »

The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Shield
Addict
Addict

Post by Shield »

Yes with one post from 2 years ago. :lol:

Just use imgur.com for images and vwidmer's offer for files (or your own space). :)
Blog: Why Does It Suck? (http://whydoesitsuck.com/)
"You can disagree with me as much as you want, but during this talk, by definition, anybody who disagrees is stupid and ugly."
- Linus Torvalds
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Shield wrote:Just use imgur.com for images and vwidmer's offer for files (or your own space).
Huh :?: How is imgur any different than reddit now that it stores images? And what prevents vwidmer's site from going offline? The issue is links going stale. That is very low possibility with large hosts like reddit and imgur. What does it matter if there are so few posts in reddit's PureBasic subreddit? It is only required when using an image. Otherwise, post here. :wink:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by vwidmer »

Yes large sites fail there services and terms change all the time as well.

I have been hosting way before reddit existed. However I am much smaller so perhaps there is more of a chance of me failing before them. But as of now I have kept my servers and clients online. My first server went online in 1998ish

Just my 2cents

Thanks
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing! I just put stuff here and there and sometimes like magic it works. So please improve on my code and post your changes so I can learn more. TIA
Lord
Addict
Addict

Post by Lord »

vwidmer wrote:__________________________________
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing!
:lol:
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by vwidmer »

LOL that is true I program crazy monkey style :) I just keep trying out code until something happens :)

Anyways not trying to take anything away from anyone and people can put there files where they want. Just seeing that half the links I try to follow on this forum are dead and missing I am just trying to help.

Yes some of the posts my be old but its still nice to be able to view the old code for reference and see how things where done. At least for some one like me who is still learning.

Thanks
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Is this subreddit for PureBasic official? Like, created by Fred? :shock: