I'm waiting for PB 4.20 !!!

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
JJ Malone
User
User

I'm waiting for PB 4.20 !!!

Post by JJ Malone »

I have never programmed Pure Basic, but this sounds pretty interesting. I'm a Blitz3D programmer for some time, but since Blitz3D hasn't evolved since several years, and Direct X 7 support is gone from Vista, I was thrilled that PB 4.2 will be Direct X 9 ! Also, support libraries from ModPlug is really awesome as I have written hundreds of tracker files in ModPlug Tracker, so I am apt in making music using that tool and I know how to use it to make it sound like I want.

Now, the major point I want to make is that I enjoy Blitz3D because it has all the 3D stuff in it and it just works. But I want to know if PB is easy to use and pozerful for 3D? Has anyone done a 3D app using PB and can send me screenies or maybe a youtube video?

Cheers
Last edited by JJ Malone on Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
IceSoft
Addict
Addict

Re: I'm waiting for PB 4.20 !!!

Post by IceSoft »

JJ Malone wrote:Now, the major point I want to make is that I enjoy Blitz3D because it has all the 3D stuff in it and it just works. But I want to know if PB is easy to use and pozerful for 3D? Has anyone done a 3D app using PB and can send me screenies or maybe a youtube video?

Cheers
Maybe you should make some searches like: 'DirectX9', 3D, 'Ogre' and 'Irrlicht' here on the forum first.
Belive!
<Wrapper>4PB, PB<game>, =QONK=, PetriDish, Movie2Image, PictureManager,...
SofT MANiAC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SofT MANiAC »

ModPlug Player not the best way for playing modules... Search for BASS.dll on this forum (I'm also tracker musician)

For 3D:
Look at http://purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=24164
and http://dreamotion3d.com
POiNT.OF.PRESENCE group
JJ Malone
User
User

Post by JJ Malone »

- I really like ModPlug to play my modules that I composed *in* ModPlug for fidelity.
- Dreamotion is Direct X7 no? It doesn't have shadow system?
- I'm looking at the Irrlicht Wrapper right now ( and it's looking nice!)

Thanks SofT MANiAC
SofT MANiAC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SofT MANiAC »

JJ Malone wrote:- I really like ModPlug to play my modules that I composed *in* ModPlug for fidelity.
- Dreamotion is Direct X7 no? It doesn't have shadow system?
- I'm looking at the Irrlicht Wrapper right now ( and it's looking nice!)

Thanks SofT MANiAC
- BASS is a very quality sound system. XMPlay (I'm thinking that it more great player for modules than ModPlug player) is based on BASS. Also U can convert your modules to compact format mo3.
I'm also using MPT (Open Modplug Tracker) and I'm playing my modules with BASS in my games
- Dreamotion is DirectX 9 based, realized very many features, including shadows
- Irrlicht 4ever! 8)
POiNT.OF.PRESENCE group
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

SofT MANiAC wrote:ModPlug Player not the best way for playing modules... Search for BASS.dll on this forum (I'm also tracker musician)
Well, BASS is commercial product (except for freeware), so yes i think than ModPlug is the best royality free module player (and output quite a good quasility - i was as well a tracker musician ;)).
SofT MANiAC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SofT MANiAC »

Well, BASS is commercial product (except for freeware), so yes i think than ModPlug is the best royality free module player (and output quite a good quasility - i was as well a tracker musician ;)).
Agree,
ModPlug is a good player, but BASS have more features. I have bought it and I'm very happy :wink: 100 euros not a money in a modern world :)
For playing XM-music I can advise userlibrary uFMOD by my friends Quantum and Asterix:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=21893
it's free, small, fast and powerfull!
POiNT.OF.PRESENCE group
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Post by Fluid Byte »

Does BASS support Cutoff/Resonance effects of the IT format?
Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit / Whose Hoff is it anyway?
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

PureBasic supports the Blitz SDK, if you still want to use Blitz.

There is also a product that supports DarkBasic Professional for PureBasic called PureGDK which is to be released within the next couple of days:

http://puregdk.com
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=31201
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

SofT MANiAC wrote:
Agree,
ModPlug is a good player, but BASS have more features. I have bought it and I'm very happy :wink: 100 euros not a money in a modern world :)
For playing XM-music I can advise userlibrary uFMOD by my friends Quantum and Asterix:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=21893
it's free, small, fast and powerfull!
100 euros, why not, but 950 euros and 2450 euros is quite some money. From the BASS web site:
Shareware licence: €100
The "shareware" licence allows the usage of BASS in an unlimited number of your shareware products, which must sell for no more than 40 Euros each. If you're an individual (not a corporation) making and selling your own software (and its price is within the limit), this is the licence for you.
Single Commercial licence: €950
The "single commercial" licence allows the usage of BASS in a single commercial product.
Unlimited Commercial licence: €2450
The "unlimited commercial" licence allows the usage of BASS in an unlimited number of your commercial products. This licence applies to a single site/location.
Just wondering, what is missing to ModPlug to be a good module player ?
SofT MANiAC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SofT MANiAC »

Fred wrote:Just wondering, what is missing to ModPlug to be a good module player ?
BASS have own format - mo3 (MP3 or OGG compressed samples). Size of module can be 2 kb in result!
Also BASS have a lot of plugins (DSP, MIDI, Winamp plugins import... etc.)

whew! FMOD License:
Licensing per Product

Product Description Cost Per Product
FMOD Ex (including Designer) First Platform $ 6,000 USD
FMOD Ex (including Designer) Subsequent Platforms $ 3,000 USD
FMOD3 First Platform $ 3,000 USD
FMOD3 Subsequent Platforms $ 1,500 USD

Licensing per Site

Product Description Cost Per Site
FMOD Ex (including Designer) First Platform $ 24,000 USD
FMOD Ex (including Designer) Subsequent Platforms $ 12,000 USD
FMOD3 First Platform $ 12,000 USD
FMOD3 Subsequent Platforms $ 6,000 USD
POiNT.OF.PRESENCE group
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Post by Fluid Byte »

SofT MANiAC wrote:BASS have own format - mo3 (MP3 or OGG compressed samples). Size of module can be 2 kb in result!
Who cares? We are talking about standard formats wich would be MOD, S3M, XM and IT modules. And you still didn't answer my question:

Is BASS supporting Cutoff/Resonance effects of the IT format?

TBH, in terms of module playback there's nothing better than ModPlug and it's free!
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

SofT MANiAC wrote:
Fred wrote:Just wondering, what is missing to ModPlug to be a good module player ?
BASS have own format - mo3 (MP3 or OGG compressed samples). Size of module can be 2 kb in result!
Also BASS have a lot of plugins (DSP, MIDI, Winamp plugins import... etc.)
That's just silly, no-one will use the 'mo3' module to do 2kb module while the replayer will need mp3/ogg decoder (and take quite some kb!). Ok, let's stop this, my main point was the following: why advise another library to a new user (possibly harder to use, crossplateform issue etc.) when the one provided with PureBasic is more than enough for average use ?
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

Agree absolutely this time with Fluid Byte.

Anyway i don't know how Deliplayer does the replay, but the sound quality is much higher than XMplay (I use both for years).
And btw, i confirmed time ago that the replay routine for final sound quality is higher in ModPlug than in XMplay (which suposely uses bass.dll for the mods replaying)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Post by Fluid Byte »

Psychophanta wrote:Anyway i don't know how Deliplayer does the replay, but the sound quality is much higher than XMplay.
And btw, i confirmed time ago that the replay routine for final sound quality is higher in ModPlug than in XMplay (which suposely uses bass.dll for the mods replaying)
The only difference I can think of would be the sound interpolation. What ModPlug, BASS, XMPlay and all other tools share are common sound properties. This would be frequency (44100Hz), channels (stereo) and bitrate (16-Bit). But in ModPlug there are 3 ways of interpolating sound as well as some other options to increase sound quality. Although the sound output for the version of ModPlug wich is built into PB can't be changed I simply guess most of the settings are set for optimal quality.