Hi, I'm back ;-) LTS

Windows specific forum
utopiomania
Addict
Addict

Hi, I'm back ;-) LTS

Post by utopiomania »

Hi i'm back and managed to log in, so.. I have a lot of old PB code, and a wish to code away, with the newest PB version, but what is LTS?
Also I am using a 64bit Windows china laptop and windows 10, and plan to use PB 32 bit, is that wrong?
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Re: Hi, I'm back ;-) LTS

Post by skywalk »

Be careful with China laptop, it may have coronavirus!
Forget about 32-bit, go with x64.

-harumph
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

utopiomania wrote:Hi i'm back and managed to log in, so.. I have a lot of old PB code, and a wish to code away, with the newest PB version, but what is LTS?
Also I am using a 64bit Windows china laptop and windows 10, and plan to use PB 32 bit, is that wrong?
@utopiomania: LTS means long term support and means that when there is a new interim release the bug fixes and possible additiona get into the LTS version and but not other possiblt 'code-breaking' changes. There is about 2 years between one LTS and the next new one, that is the one that is identical with the most up-to-date interim version.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

utopiomania wrote:...what is LTS?
Bug fixes are continually integrated into each subsequent version of PureBasic, which can be downloaded and used for real-world testing and development.

After a considerable period, these fixes are deemed validated, and are then integrated into the next LTS (long term support) version.
utopiomania wrote:...using a 64bit Windows china laptop and windows 10, and plan to use PB 32 bit, is that wrong?
Developing and running 32-bit apps on a 64-bit OS is absolutely safe and normal. Although on the latest MacOS (Catalina), 32-bit support has been totally discontinued.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
utopiomania
Addict
Addict

Post by utopiomania »

Thanks for your helpful comments! I have just switched to a big gaming laptop (China style) and have been busy reinstalling
everything, including PureBasic. I can't wait taking up coding again, and I am happy to se PB and people here alive and happy :)
leonhardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by leonhardt »

welcome back,BTW ,China stlye Games? I hate the fucking Chinese Games especilly Tencent Games, because Tencent ONLY researches on making money, the fucking company doesn't care about games themselvs, nor give a shit to their fans.one example is SuperCell, what a remarkable company , which was soon fucked by Tencent and now being dead.
poor English...

PureBasic & Delphi & VBA
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

poor English
Looks like you've mastered the really important words :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BERESHEIT