Strange behavior with SetCursorPos_()

Windows specific forum
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Strange behavior with SetCursorPos_()

Post by Mistrel »

I have a monitor above my primary monitor and I am calling SetCursorPos_(0,-1). I expect the cursor to be placed at the bottom left corner of this monitor but instead it is positioned at the bottom right.

X coordinate values seem to work OK but the Y coordinate seems to affect the X as well.

Am I doing something wrong or is this command not supported for multiple monitors?

Code: Select all

SetCursorPos_(0, -1)
UPDATE

My desktop is arranged with three 1080p monitors in an "L" shape with two vertical and one on the right. When I run my program when the PureBasic IDE is on the bottom-right monitor with code that attempts to position the cursor somewhere on the top-left monitor, for example, at (100,-100), the cursor appears in the wrong location.

However, if I run the SAME program with the IDE on ether the bottom-left or the top-left monitor, then the cursor appears in the expected location.

I have a similar problem when attempting to position the cursor somewhere on the bottom-right monitor when the IDE is located in the top-left monitor.

This is very strange and I'm not sure how to work around this problem.