It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [SOLVED] Unresolved external function '__imp____iob_func'.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 am
Posts: 1473
Location: Germany
I compile the same source as x86 and as x64.

x64 is compiling and linking very well. Executable (debug/release) is working of course.

But the x86 version (debug/release) has an linker error.
Is PB x86 compiled with an older/different linker/compiler as x64?

Quote:
******************************************
PureBasic 5.70 LTS beta 3 (Windows - x86)
******************************************

Compiling ..\..\Chipmunk2D_Demos\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029.pb
Loading external libraries...
Starting compilation...
Including source: .\include\Chipmunk2D4PB.pbi
Including source: .\Chipmunk4PB_Resident.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\PinBall.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\Plink.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GrainsDeSable.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GravityBounce.pbi
1869 lines processed.
Creating executable "..\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029_x86.exe".
Error: Linker
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '__imp____iob_func'. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
POLINK: fatal error: 1 unresolved external(s).


Quote:
******************************************
PureBasic 5.70 LTS beta 3 (Windows - x64)
******************************************

Compiling ..\..\Chipmunk2D_Demos\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029.pb
Loading external libraries...
Starting compilation...
Including source: .\include\Chipmunk2D4PB.pbi
Including source: .\Chipmunk4PB_Resident.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\PinBall.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\Plink.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GrainsDeSable.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GravityBounce.pbi
1869 lines processed.
Creating executable "..\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029_x64d.exe".

- Feel the ..PuRe.. Power -

_________________
Belive!
<Wrapper>4PB, PB<game>, =QONK=, PetriDish, Movie2Image, PictureManager,...


Last edited by IceSoft on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: [5.70b3 x86] Unresolved external symbol '__imp____iob_fu
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 4:39 pm
Posts: 14014
Location: France
You need to compile your lib with a special flag for x86, you can look in the makefile of the SDK IIRC. It's not a PB bug.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: [5.70b3 x86] Unresolved external symbol '__imp____iob_fu
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 am
Posts: 1473
Location: Germany
Fred wrote:
You need to compile your lib with a special flag for x86, you can look in the makefile of the SDK IIRC. It's not a PB bug.

I know:
That are the additional preprocessor flags for x86:
X86;VISUALC;WINDOWS;UNICODE

and thats for x64:
X64;VISUALC;WINDOWS;UNICODE

I will make some more tests.

_________________
Belive!
<Wrapper>4PB, PB<game>, =QONK=, PetriDish, Movie2Image, PictureManager,...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: [5.70b3 x86] Unresolved external symbol '__imp____iob_fu
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 4:39 pm
Posts: 14014
Location: France
You need this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41247&hilit=static+library


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: [5.70b3 x86] Unresolved external symbol '__imp____iob_fu
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 am
Posts: 1473
Location: Germany
Ok it compiles now:

Quote:
******************************************
PureBasic 5.70 LTS beta 3 (Windows - x86)
******************************************

Compiling ..\..\Chipmunk2D_Demos\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029.pb
Loading external libraries...
Starting compilation...
Including source: .\include\Chipmunk2D4PB.pbi
Including source: .\Chipmunk4PB_Resident.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\PinBall.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\Plink.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GrainsDeSable.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GravityBounce.pbi
1869 lines processed.
Creating executable "..\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029_x86.exe".

- Feel the ..PuRe.. Power -


Quote:
******************************************
PureBasic 5.70 LTS beta 3 (Windows - x64)
******************************************

Compiling ..\..\Chipmunk2D_Demos\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029.pb
Loading external libraries...
Starting compilation...
Including source: .\include\Chipmunk2D4PB.pbi
Including source: .\Chipmunk4PB_Resident.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\PinBall.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\Plink.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GrainsDeSable.pbi
Including source: .\Demos\GravityBounce.pbi
1869 lines processed.
Creating executable "..\Chipmunk2D4PB_Demo_20181029_x64.exe".

- Feel the ..PuRe.. Power -

_________________
Belive!
<Wrapper>4PB, PB<game>, =QONK=, PetriDish, Movie2Image, PictureManager,...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 


Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group
subSilver+ theme by Canver Software, sponsor Sanal Modifiye