PB4.73B4 - Switching language help problem

Post bugs related to the IDE here
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

PB4.73B4 - Switching language help problem

Post by StarBootics »

Hello everyone,

A small problem with switching language. Let's say that the IDE is set to French and the help is also in french and we switch to English the IDE change to English but help remain in French until we restart the IDE.

It would be nice when we change language, the help language follow as well without the need to restart the IDE.

Best regards
StarBootics
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !
Josh
Addict
Addict

Re: PB4.73B4 - Switching language help problem

Post by Josh »

StarBootics wrote:... until we restart the IDE.
For me the language of help never changes, no matter if I restart the IDE or not. The language of the help always remains the one I specified during the installation :(
sorry for my bad english
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Post by StarBootics »

Josh wrote:For me the language of help never changes, no matter if I restart the IDE or not. The language of the help always remains the one I specified during the installation :(
You are under windows, right ?

Apparently we have a different behavior under Linux.

Best regards
StarBootics
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

StarBootics wrote:You are under windows, right ?
Yup
sorry for my bad english
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Josh wrote:For me the language of help never changes, no matter if I restart the IDE or not. The language of the help always remains the one I specified during the installation :(
That's the normal behaviour, because there is only one "PureBasic.chm" help file in the PureBasic drawer after installation, in the language you selected during installation... if you want to use another help file you need to do a re-install or you must manually extract it from the installation package.

That's different for the localization of the IDE or Compiler/Debug output. The related locale files are all together in the "Catalogs" drawer (for all supported languages).
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)